TNG Community

Numerous e-mails regarding comments

Valentine

Everyday I receive numerous e-mails regarding comments from my TNG website. This is a mystery to me. I cannot see on the website somewhere I can make a comment in general or about a specific person. I cannot find anywhere to disable comments either. The comments are all spam, mostly in foreign languages. I would like to find a way to prevent this as the number of daily e-mails about comments is becoming ridiculous. 

My website, Threads of Gold and Rose, can be found at http://www.sletten.name/index.php

I am using version 12.0.2

I'm not a technical whiz kid, but it seems like this should be more obvious than it is. What am I missing?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Cheri

Thank you Stores! That is quite likely the problem.

I looked at the page about Captcha Mods. It says that a couple of the options are already a part of version 12. That is confusing. If they are already a part of v12, why are they obsolete and the need to download a different option?

Thanks again,

Cheri

Cheri,

If you are on TNG v12, you certainly can implement reCaptcha v2 that is distributed with TNG v12, but you do need to obtain the keys for V2 as documented in Recaptcha V2 Implemented

Note that this is for V2 and not V3 now on the Google site.  If you do not like the reCaptcha mod you can install the Image Captcha Mod

To answer your question

59 minutes ago, Valentine said:

If they are already a part of v12, why are they obsolete

They are obsolete because you cannot installed them as a mod, but must use the instructions on getting a key and saving the key in the TNG > Admin > Setup

I am sorry for not acknowledging your help sooner. I appreciate the information, and I will try to figure out how to make one of these options work. It looks like that would resolve the problem.

Thank you,

Cheri