TNG Community

OSMap mod - not working on new TNG install

Figi4

I am new to TNG and have it up and running smoothly (I think).  The first thing I wanted was a map.  Due to issues with verifying my domain at Google, their map is not an option for me at the moment. 

So I read about OSM and installed it.  It seems to have installed fine, I don't see any errors. Yet, when I go to a person in my tree, there is still no map, not even the "Event" box that I see on other sites.

I am assuming all I needed to do is add a location for that person, be it at the birth, death or whatever and that would then create a map on his profile page. Am I missing something else here?

TNG 12.1 

OSM 12.0.0.5

Using template 13

http://www.ourfamilyforest.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I1&tree=tree1

Also see attached a screen shot of Map Settings and a text file containing the OSM installation log.

~Thanks for any help

ex1.PNG

ex2.txt

24 minutes ago, Figi4 said:

I am assuming all I needed to do is add a location for that person, be it at the birth, death or whatever and that would then create a map on his profile page. Am I missing something else here?

You have to go to TNG Admin ------> Places, and geocode the place - i.e. give it a latitude and longitude.

Once that's done, then the map will show for any person's record who has an event at that place.

Roger