TNG Community

mods updated cust_text.php

Lisa67

Lisa,

Mods that require the new v12 updated cust_text.php should have an infobox at the top of the page, where if you click the link for Show Instructions provides the instructions on how to upgrade your cust_text.php files if you did not do that step as part of your TNG upgrade

Lisa,

The info box is on the TNG wiki page for the Signature Display mod  Since the mod is installed on your site, I guess my adding a message that displays in the Mod Manager status screen is causing confusion.

The mod would not have installed if you had not updated your cust_text.php files as part of the TNG upgrade

Many Thanks

In TNGv12 and beyond, this mod uses the new guidelines for TNG v12+ cust_text.php files
If you are using TNGv12+, and any cust_text.php file in this mod is marked with a Bad Target error, you need to update your cust_text.php files before you can install this mod. [Show instructions]

If you upgraded to TNGv12+, and did not update your cust_text.php files as instructed in the upgrade readme script, then you must use the TNG Mod Manager to update them. To do so:

1. Go to Mod Manager, and select its "Recommended Updates" tab.
    (If the "Recommended Updates" tab is not visible, then go to the Mod Manager Options tab, select "Display Settings", and turn on the "Recommended Updates" tab.)
  2. Click the "Update" button in the "Recommended Updates" tab.
    Installed mods do not interfere with the update, and if you already have (or think you may have) run this update, it will not hurt for you to run it again.

Have a nice day

Lisa

I am trying to install signature display mod and have run the updates in Recommended Updates multiple times and still cannot install the mod.  I get a bad target message for line 31.

Any ideas?

Thanks

7 hours ago, marcirish said:

I get a bad target message for line 31.

Since that Bad Target is in genlib.php, Brett's question above is valid. 

Go to the Analyze TNG Mods tab in Mod Manager and look for genlib.php and report back which mods make changes to genlib.php

If the Analyze TNG Mods tab is not showing, go to the Mod Manager Options tab, expand the Display Settings section, and change Show Analyze TNG Files tab:  to Yes

here are the files listed as modifying genlib.php:

CountAncestorsDescendants_mod_v10.1.1.3d.cfg   Show modifications
display_jobs_facts_v12.0.0.4.cfg   Show modifications
regroup_person_profile_v12.0.0.17.cfg   Show modifications 
signature_display_v12.0.0.3.cfg   Show modifications
submit_photo_tab_V11.0.0.0.cfg   Show modifications 
user_footer_copyright_v12

I hope this helps in figuring out the issue.  Thanks.

Try uninstalling Regroup Person Profile mod. If you then do not have bad target for the Signature  Display mod, install that. You should then be able to install Regroup Person Profile mod.

If that works, please report back here as an update may be needed to both mod pages to include possible conflicts.

When I uninstalled Regroup Person Profile mod I was able to install display signature mod.  But then the Regroup Person mod then says I cannot install it.  I get a bad target message on line 870.  Do you need me to supply any other information?

Marc

Marc,

There are a lot of conflicts caused by the Regroup Person Mod.  I do not use that mod and cannot install it on my test sites because of conflicts with too many of the mods I use.  I will update the Signature Display mod to indicate that it conflicts with the Regroup Person Mod.  I doubt the conflict can be resolved unless Robin changed his code in the Regroup Person Profile

2 hours ago, marcirish said:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions

PM sent to you.

10 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

I doubt the conflict can be resolved unless Robin changed his code in the Regroup Person Profile

The conflict Marc had with Regroup Person Profile was not restricted to Signature Display but also Count Ancestors Descendants which was the reason for:.

13 hours ago, marcirish said:

But then the Regroup Person mod then says I cannot install it.  I get a bad target message on line 870.

Marc uninstalled CountAncestorsDescendants_mod_v10.1.1.3d.cfg and no Mods were in conflict.

The workaround is to install these 3 mods in a particular order:

1. signature_display_v12.0.0.3.cfg

2. regroup_person_profile_v12.0.0.17.cfg

3. CountAncestorsDescendants_mod_v10.1.1.3d.cfg

If a Mod or TNG upgrade is needed, they need to be uninstalled in reverse order:

1. CountAncestorsDescendants_mod_v10.1.1.3d.cfg

2. regroup_person_profile_v12.0.0.17.cfg

3. signature_display_v12.0.0.3.cfg

Thanks Brett,

I have updated the Mod Conflict information in the Signature Display mod.  The install order probably needs to be documented in the Regroup Person Profile page since it also has several conflicts.