TNG Community
Branko

Family Chart - multiple generations

Branko

Hi,

Is the Family Chart view somehow able to be controlled via a number of generations or is there a mod that enables this to be done. I am looking to be able to easily locate persons via a chart to ensure that the right person belongs to the right family regardless of genealogical relationship lines. I know that the Family Chart basically does that now but it is limited in what it display's, I'm looking for more generations. 

The normal Ancestors and Descendants charts follow a genealogy line and exclude siblings, which I understand.

manofmull

In  Setup >> Configuration >> Chart Settings

For each chart you can choose how many generations

I have max set at 8, initial set to 4

Michael

Ken Roy

I do not believe the number of generations applies to the Family Chart.  Its purpose is to show the parents, children, and spouses

You try the Maternal and Paternal Lines mod and see if that provides what you want.

Branko
17 hours ago, manofmull said:

In  Setup >> Configuration >> Chart Settings

For each chart you can choose how many generations

I have max set at 8, initial set to 4

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you, but those settings don't apply to the Family Chart.

Branko
17 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

I do not believe the number of generations applies to the Family Chart.  Its purpose is to show the parents, children, and spouses

You try the Maternal and Paternal Lines mod and see if that provides what you want.

Hi Ken,

Thank you, it might do the trick from what the WiKi indicates. The uploaded image is something like what I'm looking for, its almost like a Ancestors tree except I want to start in say the bottom left corner and I want it to show me everybody connected to the tree from there up. 

Family Chart sample.jpg

Branko

Thanks Michael,

Will have a look at the Tables of Descendants mod. Initially I'm after a graphic display rather than tabular.

manofmull

I was going to suggest this earlier but thought it wasn't what you wanted, in Ancestors/Vertical view with newest person bottom-middle and all the way back.

vertical.jpg

Branko

Yes I do use this view but it only includes the relationship line, does not include siblings. Lets face it, this view would be OK if there are no other options and if it didn't revert back to the Individual view if you click on any of the people. Its very circular..... To get around this I would use Tree Draw to pictorially see that I've got the right people in the right place particularly as individuals names keep on repeating within families.

manofmull

I think I need a break from this lol.

Not quite what you want but Descendants / Register view gives all generations and siblings.

I'm now officially "on holiday"

M