TNG Community
Michael L Thomas

TNG 12 and Joomla 3.9

Michael L Thomas

I do not know if this is a dead subject but would love to use Joomla with TNG.  With Joomla, I also use Community Builder because I also have it as a social gathering for family members to chat and communicate with each other.  I know that I can add a link from TNG to my Joomla/community builder site and vice versa.  Doing that is not the optimal way.  If they are integrated I can grant access to the TNG portion thru Joomla Privileges.

To me, I believe that a family is also a social group and that is not what TNG is meant to be.  It is what Joomla/Community Builder is GREAT at.

Any helpers out there?

Michael

Steve Hess

Oh man my heart just pitter-pattered!

As an FYI though this is a very old topic. There used to be a Joomla bridge for TNG but I think it stopped working several major versions ago and it was never a complete integration. Darren updated the JavaScript library so will be compatible with the Joomla‘s but the people who made the original bridge are no longer interested. 

Also Joomla 4 is right around the corner and it drops support for any version of PHP below 7.1 I believe  as well as additional restrictions with regard to the version of MySQL needed. I don’t know that that’s necessarily a problem but it’s something that has to be at least known going in. 

Michael L Thomas

Thank you, any suggestions

Steve Hess

The only one that anyone ever came up with that was the least bit reliable was to pay a developer to create and maintain one. 

Nobody jumped at that option.

Michael L Thomas

Can't Afford That