TNG Community
Stefanhag

Replacing an image in a template?

Stefanhag

Hello,

I'm using template 18 and want to replace the large picture on the front page. The current image is stretching from the left to the right side.

I want to replace it with a picture on the left side with some text next to the right of that picture and another picture on the right side with text next to the left of it.

How can I do this without breaking anything?

manofmull

Easiest way I can think of is two edit two pics (both same type e.g. jpg) and add text to the bottom of both.

Once done, you can join the two pics together as one and name it exactly as your template pic in the template img folder (you will have to re-name or remove the original). I did that for template 10 with the main pic below and also with the other templates I use (5 and 13). Your new conjoined pic should have approx the same dimensions as the existing image.

beatrice-carlisle-soft.jpg

Michael

Stefanhag

Thanks for your reply, Michael.

So I just make the text as a part of the image. I'll try that.

//Stefan

manofmull

Stefan

Let me know how you get on or whether you require further help.

I forgot to add that when joining the two pics, you can leave a gap between them (but it's still one pic)

My own image from template 13 below is a three-in-one with gaps, which replaced the default image underneath it

mainphoto.jpg

mainphoto1.jpg

M