TNG Community
Pops57

Approving new users

Pops57

I've searched the forum and the wiki and didn't find an answer, so here goes:

I'm just getting started and am testing how new user requests are handled. My wife registered and I got the email at my admin email address for my site. I've reviewed the request, assigned permissions, etc. But, she has yet to receive an an approved user email.

She used a different email address than the one I had used at setup and I got an "email ok" message beside that box. The only potential issue I see (guessing?) is that her username box is highlighted in blue and the check button beside that box does nothing when clicked. Version 12.1, template 9.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Mike

manofmull

Mike

In Admin Mail and Registration

E-mail Address: is this the same as your own username email address?

Send all mail from address above:  set to yes?

Send acknowledgement email:  set to yes?

Use SMTP authentication:  this varies i.e. no for some, yes for others (check with your host)

You say her username box is highlighted blue. If a name is highlighted blue it means the person is private.

M

Pops57

Thank you for the reply. I’m away from my computer today but I wanted to acknowledge your response.

I will review and check all those items tomorrow. Thank you again.

Mike

Pops57

Well, I checked all those items and they are correctly set. I deleted her first request and had her send another, using a different email address. When I reviwed it this time, I noticed the box containing the email message - it contained the approval language and the box for Send email was checked.

I wasn't sure about the SMTP so I changed it to Yes and added the information asked for.

The only selections set to "No" in Mail and Registration are Create new tree for user and Auto approve new users.