TNG Community
Geoff1959

TNG11 to TNG12 can't connect to database

Geoff1959

Hi I'm looking for some help to fix the following issue.

I have a test/development site running under WAMP on my home pc and when I try to update the database structure I just get a page showing pseudo latin text which i think is the PHP script. I think the issue is that its not connecting to the database ?

The test site is running as normal and I have logged in as admin and have checked the details that are in setup>database against what is in config.php and they match.

As i'm able to login as Admin the details for the database must be correct and also the diagnostics page is showing green in each section.

Would be grateful of any pointers on how to fix this.

BTW

Windows 10

Wamp3.1.9 - 64bit, Apache 2.4.39, PHP 7.2.18, MySql 5.7.26

Geoff

theKiwi

When you run the script to do the update you have to load the Read Me page as http://YourLocalHost/TNG/ReadMexxxxx.html and then click the link for the upgrade from that page - sounds like you're probably have the ReadMexxxxx.html file open as a file:///TNG/ReadMexxxxx.html type page.

Roger

Geoff1959

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply. I'm all sorted now.

A bit of a sledgehammer to crack a walnut but I got it to work in the end by doing a complete fresh install and creating a new database.

The new db structure is set up fine and all I now have to do is inport the Gedcom. Alan (Newfloridian) has helped me with a lot of customisation so this is all about trying things on the test site for compatability with php 7.2/3

regards,

Geoff

Ken Roy

GEDCOM imports will not necessarily include all elements of a previous TNG database.  For example, if you use the TNG Cemeteries capability it is not part of the .ged file.   I think the same is true of Branches and branch labeling.