TNG Community
mkoche

Updated Jobs Mod...

mkoche
2 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

You should be able to use the TNG v12 Mod Manager conditional processing tags to install the mod one way if the Sosa mod is installed and a different way when it is not installed.  There are examples in the Public Access Control mod and other mods 

Hi Ken - I think it should be OK now.  I added an option that defaults to no, for not installed. The mod already tests for it but my test was not working so I just moved to making it an option. Actually, it is even better on my site, where the Sosa data slows the page down to a crawl.

7 hours ago, Brett said:

The previous version works well on TNG12.1.0. I haven't looked at this version that much yet but do notice the default option for Event ID does not default to "2" but rather "or create a new one".

It is probably picking up the last bracket as the default from line 114 in the cfg file - 2. Choose an events id (or create a new one) to use for jobs.<br /> 

Untitled.jpg

Thanks Brett - fixed this on new version in first post.

mkoche

Thanks for the help!  I have put two versions with both bug fixes and new functionality in the first post.

Display Jobs - Seems to be doing everything it is supposed to. display jobs - small fixes.zip

Expand Statistics - Now adds three types of pages. expand stats - w options.zip

1. Occupations - (linked to display jobs) if you click on the category, it takes you to jobs in that category, and if you click on the job, it shows you all the folk with that job.
  2. By Century - Not really changed.  Gives a graph of all the folks in your database by century (and adds a sosa graph if you have that mod installed).
  3. Veterans - works mostly like occupations.

I added options to choose the stats pages you want.

Looking forward to any feedback.

mkoche

Thanks for the help. I added the final versions of Display Jobs Facts and Expand Statistics to the tng 12 mods section.

Katryne

Hello !

The 2 mods Jobs and Expand-statistics are working together like a charm. More stats are now available. And they are classified in a slightly different way.

image.png

But what I like better is the ability to display statistics about the jobs. It is more interesting once jobs are classified in categories, but it works already without it.

image.png

If one clicks on a category, one get the list of different jobs inside it. If you click on the job, you get the list of persons who have this profession, with links to their individual page.

These 2 mods make really a great job. And they are now fully multilingual. I gave Scott the French translations. It's up to you to propose other languages. (besides English I mean)