TNG Community

Updated Jobs Mod...

mkoche

display jobs - small fixes.zip

(Updated 8 Jul)

This is a revamped jobs mod (last version is in public mods). It provides a way of entering jobs information, displaying and analyzing.

It would be great if anyone wanted to try it out so I could figure out what I need to fix!  It is up and working on my site.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.18.38 PM.png

1) That is where the job goes or next to the date and age.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.21.29 PM.png

2. It is really an event so it displays along with events.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.22.18 PM.png

3. You add jobs from the editperson screen.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.22.59 PM.png

4. here is what it looks like.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.23.20 PM.png

5, And you modify them in the same way.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.24.23 PM.png

6. And if you also install the statistics mod (not finished testing - but I attach a version here), you can see the top categories of jobs and how many people are in each.

Feedback, issues welcome!

There are more instructions on the edit options page for the mod.  But basically, install. Create and event for jobs or get the id number of the event you are currently using and put it in the third option.

• It does not create or change any tables in the database.
  • If you have jobs already, you would need to edit them to get in the current form. They will not display correctly until they are in the correct form (see options for instructions).

expand stats - w options.zip

(This version now includes vets and jobs and a way to see them all - 8 Jul)

Hello !

I would love to try Display Jobs Facts, just what I was looking for., but it says bad target in TNG 12.1  and cannot be installed before I try anything :

Citation

ligne 126: %target:personlib.php% vérifié
ligne 128: %location:% #1 pas installé
ligne 142: %location:% #2 Mauvaise cible

And can you explain how to add another language ? I will then send you the translation to French.

I installed too Expand Satistics, but I do not know how to configure it. Where can I find the event ID ? And same question for adding language : tell me how and I will send you French.

Thank you for these mods.

Hmm, on the bad target, I'll take a look tomorrow.  I am also on 12.1 so it is probably a conflicting plugin.  I just need to know which.  

On Expand statistics... as it stands ..

Go to your custom  events management page..  If you hover over an event edit button the event id is in the url.  For veterans you can use as many wars as you have listed as events. (But remember to put a comma after every one in the options page.  Jobs statistics will not appear until you have the display jobs mod installed. 

Without doing anything if you go to the statistics page you should see a new menu at the top.

i have only put it in English so far.  Really just testing the out but I will copy here the language text that needs to be translated for both..

9 hours ago, mkoche said:

It would be great if anyone wanted to try it out so I could figure out what I need to fix!  It is up and working on my site.

The previous version works well on TNG12.1.0. I haven't looked at this version that much yet but do notice the default option for Event ID does not default to "2" but rather "or create a new one".

It is probably picking up the last bracket as the default from line 114 in the cfg file - 2. Choose an events id (or create a new one) to use for jobs.<br />

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, mkoche said:

If you hover over an event edit button the event id is in the url.

Rather than the URL, I think you may mean the status bar, when active.

1 hour ago, Katryne said:

For the Expand Statistic mods, may be I lack a table.

It looks like that is the table missing - tng_sosa. On a clean TNG v12.1.0 install, I receive that error as well. On an install where the SOSA table had previously been created, there is no error.

1 hour ago, Brett said:

Rather than the URL, I think you may mean the status bar, when active.

You could install my Add Event Type ID which adds the ID to the table display.  I tried to get Darrin to make that change to TNG for everyone since the ID is needed when creating SQL reports for custom events.  Maybe if others asked for the change in TNG he would make the change

I'll have a look, thanks : I did not know I needed the sosa mod, I did not even know it existed. I just clicked on mkoche link, without having a look at the mod wiki.

2 minutes ago, Katryne said:

I did not know I needed the sosa mod

There was no mention of needing it. See my modified post above.

5 hours ago, Katryne said:

I would love to try Display Jobs Facts, just what I was looking for., but it says bad target in TNG 12.1  and cannot be installed before I try anything

I have the same conflict as Katryne.  Looks like the code change being made already exists in the query to add $events_table.eventtypeID but is in a different order.   I have not figured out which mod added it.  Maybe it was a previous version of the Display Job Fact that did not get backed out correctly.

Well, I found the Sosa mod, but I dare not install it for the Village TNG site : there will be no Number 1 for the root, since the site is an assemby of crossing lineages. Shall I install the mod all the same ?

Edit : I installed the Sosa mod, did not have to specify Nr 1 and the stats by century look OK.

1. On Sosa... you should not need it.  The expand statistics mod uses it if present. It meant to ignore if not.  Will check.

2. Putting up a slightly revised version of jobs and will see if I can make statistics not look for Sosa.

8 minutes ago, mkoche said:

On Sosa... you should not need it.  The expand statistics mod uses it if present. It meant to ignore if not.  Will check.

You should be able to use the TNG v12 Mod Manager conditional processing tags to install the mod one way if the Sosa mod is installed and a different way when it is not installed.  There are examples in the Public Access Control mod and other mods

Great.  I am attaching a slightly cleaned up version of the statistics mod to the first post.

1) It should not care whether you have Sosa installed or not.  I changed the way it tries to detect this to an option where you can tell the mod whether or not you want it. 

2) The jobs statistics option won't show up if the Display Jobs Facts mod is not installed.

3) I cleaned up extra options as well.

Edit : it looks that the title of the jobs are not shortened on public side (Getperson), but when you go to admin to edit the jobs, they are still shortened (2 or 3 first letters erased). I deleted previous version and re-installed this version, maybe the erasure took place while previous version of the mod what active.

2 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

You should be able to use the TNG v12 Mod Manager conditional processing tags to install the mod one way if the Sosa mod is installed and a different way when it is not installed.  There are examples in the Public Access Control mod and other mods 

Hi Ken - I think it should be OK now.  I added an option that defaults to no, for not installed. The mod already tests for it but my test was not working so I just moved to making it an option. Actually, it is even better on my site, where the Sosa data slows the page down to a crawl.

7 hours ago, Brett said:

The previous version works well on TNG12.1.0. I haven't looked at this version that much yet but do notice the default option for Event ID does not default to "2" but rather "or create a new one".

It is probably picking up the last bracket as the default from line 114 in the cfg file - 2. Choose an events id (or create a new one) to use for jobs.<br /> 

Untitled.jpg

Thanks Brett - fixed this on new version in first post.

Thanks for the help!  I have put two versions with both bug fixes and new functionality in the first post.

Display Jobs - Seems to be doing everything it is supposed to. display jobs - small fixes.zip

Expand Statistics - Now adds three types of pages. expand stats - w options.zip

1. Occupations - (linked to display jobs) if you click on the category, it takes you to jobs in that category, and if you click on the job, it shows you all the folk with that job.
  2. By Century - Not really changed.  Gives a graph of all the folks in your database by century (and adds a sosa graph if you have that mod installed).
  3. Veterans - works mostly like occupations.

I added options to choose the stats pages you want.

Looking forward to any feedback.