TNG Community

Using or not using LDS fields

Katryne

Hello everybody !

I do not use LDS fields on my 2 TNG sites.

I was wondering how to hide them on admin side, when suddenly, I found maybe another use for them.

Could I change their name and use them for events that I miss ?

• Religious marriage, when the date is different from civil  marriage, for family
  • Publication of marriage (we call this Publication des bans in France) for family
  • mariage contract
  • Civil baptism for persons

Would it be better to create other events types for the ones I miss ? But they will be displayed as "other events"  and not as part of the marriage itself, as would the LDS events do.

What do you think of this idea ? Thank you for any advice.

Newfloridian

I don't use LDS data at all but did find a use for it to allow condition access to elements of my site.

Send me a PM if you would like a demonstration

Cheers Alan

• 1 year later...

I'm using tng v12.3 and would like to hide the LDS data as you posted on July 3, 2019. I'm obviously looking in the wrong place for Admin/Privacy. Under htdocs/tng/admin the only item in that folder is an index.php file. And in htdocs/tng/admin.php doesn't contain any words "LDS". Could you give me a better URL in order to reach " Admin/Privacy Show LDS Data: set to never ". Thanks,

Doug

• 4 months later...