TNG Community
Wingers

Linking media to events

Wingers

Please bear with me but I am new to TNG. I have uploaded about a dozen images of photographs of some decendants and some of the document relating to them. When viewing all media, the thumbnails are shown in a table which is fully populated with the data I've input, except the right hand column headed "Linked to" the options when adding new media is to link the image to a person but not an event? How do I achieve this? many thanks Alan wbsite address (alanwingfield.co.uk)

2019_06_28_screenshot_linked-to query.jpg

manofmull

Alan

When you add media, you're given the option of linking to multiple choices (see image) i.e. people, families, sources etc..

Image10.jpg

Your screenshot is of your admin area and this lists media per the drop-down Collection (media type) in Admin. You can create/add your own media collection types, and these will be displayed in your media list. You can see from the image below that I've added Census and Geni. You also have the option of creating Custom Event Types.

Image7.jpg

I see you're using template 5 as I do, and if you wanted to centre your site title, you can go to

Admin / Setup / Template Settings / Main title:  <center>Our Family History and Ancestry</center>

Michael

Wingers

Many thanks. Like all new things, they sometimes confuse and confuddle me. I'll have to get to grips with Albums etc too. just need to see the wood for the trees.

thanks again

Alan