TNG Community

Titles

fluffy82

Hi all,

I didn't like how TNG (in my eyes wrongly) uses the Title fact. To me, a title is "Count of Essex". Lord and Sir are not titles but forms of address (though "Lord Bath" is a title), Captain or Lieutenant are not titles but military ranks etc.

TNG puts the title in front of the name, where it doesn't belong. "Count of Essex John Smith" looks silly. I solved this by simply not using the title fact, but create a custom fact called "Titel" (as my website is in Dutch anyway). This avoids the title to be displayed in front of the name, but... it is now displayed all the way down with the "other events" like residence. I would like all titles (one person can gave several) to appear on top, in the section with the name and dates. Preferably below the name, above the birth date.

Is there an easy way to achieve that? I am using the regroup person mod.

Thanks!

Tom

Scott_Pryer

In TNG 12.0.3 you can set the order of events on the "Admin/custom event types" page.

Just open/edit each entry and you will see a textbox for "order".  1 would be first to display and so on.