TNG Community
mfkalt

Any way to "unrestore" a restore?

mfkalt

I have spent about 60 hours working over the last week on linking sources and media to people.  Tonight I said to myself, "you really ought to back things up after making all of those changes".  So I went to the Utilities page, selected all of my files and in the "With selected" field I (stupidly) selected "Restore" instead of "Backup".  So, of course, it restored all of my files to their state on June 3, before I spent 60 hours modifying them.    :-(

To top it off, I discovered that my hosting service wasn't running automatic backups, so I can't restore from there.

I'm probably totally screwed, but is there any secret door in TNG that I can use to unrestore my restore?

theKiwi

No, if your hosting service isn't running any kind of backups, and you haven't done it yourself, then to use your words you're "totally screwed".

The TNG Admin Log might contain a record of what you did - depending on how many lines it is set to save, so you can use that as a plan to go make all the changes again.

Roger

manofmull

I do backups virtually every day, quite often multiple times (I do massive ammounts of data entry).

I work from right to left by selecting "back up" first, double-checking before I click on "select all" and then hitting the "go" button.

Once backed up, I ftp the backups folder to my pc and again to a USB stick.

FWIW dept: still using XP SP2 (stripped of junk) and no problems.

M