TNG Community

Jimatl

Hi,

I am considering using Census Plus to transcribe my census. I have a couple of questions 

Currently I transcribe the Census into a word Document and then create a event of Census and paste the transcription into the event for example for you.

This is what I transcribed

SIX CENSUS OF CANADA,1921,District 51 Antigounish,EN Sub Dist,46,Larry's River polling Division,Pg5
Line1
Dwelling,28,Family,29,AVERY,Patrick R,Abode,Larrys River,Municiaplity,Guyborough,Own,8 Rooms,Wood,[HEAD},M,,Married,Age,47,Navitiy,Nova Scotia,Father,Nova Scotia,Mother Nova Scotia,Orgin,Candian,Tribe,French,Can speak English,can Speakl French,religon RCathloc,Can Read and Write,Fisherman,AVERY,Mary,Larrys River,Guysborough,[WIFE},Female,Married,40,NS,NS,NS,Nationality Canadian,Orgin French,Cannot Sp[eak french can speak english,RCathloic,AVERY,Larrys River,Larrys River,Guysborough,[SON],Male,Single,19,NS,NS,Nationality Canada,,RCathloic,Orgin French,Can speak French Can English,Cannot Read or Write,Laborer,Income,200,AVERY,Stephen,Larrys River,Larrys River,Guysborough,NS,NS,NS[SON],Male,17,Canada,French,Can speak French and English,Rcathloic,Can read and Write,Labourer,900,AVERY,Ida,Larrys River,Larrys River,Daughter,8,NS,NS,Canada,French,can speak French can speak english,RCathloic

The forms that you Census Plus don't ask  many questions It just require the basics. I like to add a bit more detail, I have attached a document that contains the l 35 questions they asked

Is it possible to create your own template that you can add additional questions. Currently the generic sheet does not look like the 1921 Census It has the basics

It would be cool if you could tweak it like the Census. Also The Library of Canada National Archives also have all their Census online it. I look up the matching Census and get the URL so they can click on the link and view it on line 

Here is the Link

http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1921/Pages/item.aspx?itemid=5459991

Any thought's Suggestions,Comments

Thank You for your Help 

Jim

1921-questions.txt

Ken Roy
1 hour ago, Jimatl said:

Is it possible to create your own template that you can add additional questions. Currently the generic sheet does not look like the 1921 Census It has the basics

It is not possible to do so.  You may want to continue what you are doing rather than use the Census Plus International mod

Edited:  The current 1921 Census columns in the Add dialog basically use the same columns that can be imported from Ancestry.