TNG Community

Problem with data protection policy page

cathie

In Privacy (General Settings), in Administration, I have selected Yes to show the link in the footer to the Data Protection Policy. When it is clicked on the page comes up as it should but the footer goes berserk (a technical term) - multiple instances of the footer are generated and the page continually loads.  The site is at: www.learnsource.com.au so any advice would be appreciated on how to fix the problem.

Chris Lloyd

I suspect that your issue is because you are using WordPress.  Depends on how you set it up.

I have checked all pages and the same issue is occurring on all so it appears to be a footer problem.  This was happening BEFORE I updated to 12.1 from 12.03. I then updated thinking that would fix the problem.

While you say you are not using WordPress, the footer section of your Data Protection page has a significant amount of WordPress Widget code from WordPress Theme Avada.

This is the portion of the page causing your loading and duplicate issues.

OK so I am very, very confused.  The blog only is using the Weaver Xtreme WordPress theme - the Avada theme you mention is not installed and never has been.  I am using TNG Template 15 and the settings for the footer (widgets and all) are set in the TNG template area in administration - see attached file.  So has the widget code been added in the template code for TNG - is that what has occurred?

Template_15_settings_footer.png

I Checked your dataprotection link on your site, Cathie,  works fine here. I do not see the problem you described.

Cathie,
     It looks like your footer.php in the template15 folder must be doing an include of itself.  If you try replacing that file on your site with one from the original download zip, it should stop the recursive footer.  Also if you compare the changes that you have made to the file with the original, you may be able to see what was changed that made this happen.  Since the index file doesn't call the footer like all the other pages do, that is why it is like that on every page except the main page.

Brent

Thanks bhemph, replaced the footer in the Template 15 folder with a version which was in TNG 11.  Now appears to work correctly.  Thanks for the advice on here.