TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brett

New Wiki page - not found

Brett

I have started a page in the Wiki and saved it as it was not finished eg Not Published.

This morning the page no longer exists. Where will I find the page and all the work put into it please?

Ken Roy
56 minutes ago, Brett said:

and saved it as it was not finished eg Not Published.

What was the Wiki page name?  There is no such thing as not Published on the wiki

Sounds like you did not do a Save

Brett

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Remove_ID_Row

I did quite a few Saves as I updated the page.

I did not choose the publish button after looking at Show Preview.

I would have thought Save would keep it for further updating.

Publish would make it a live page.

Ken Roy

Brett,

Did you mean "Save Page" since there is no "Save" option on the wiki editor screen.  Publish and Save Page mean the same thing.   The other 2 buttons at the bottom of the page "Preview and Show Changes" do not save anything on the wiki, only to your browser cache which might not get preserved.

The only other thing I can think of is that the TNG Wiki server was restored to an earlier version, but then the changes I made last night for the Firebug page still show there.  Your file upload shows in the Recent Changes and that is the only change I saw last night

Brett

Yes Ken I mean the 'Save Page'.

I created and edited the page for over 2 hours.

Last save was about 5 minutes before the file upload.

Brett
2 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

The only other thing I can think of is that the TNG Wiki server was restored to an earlier version

Why would a restore have occured and why would there be no notice or maintainance mode?

It appears very strange that I could save the page but it is now not available, when a file saved a few minutes later is there. I think I saved the page after the file upload as well, to test the link worked.

If someone could please remove the file I uploaded as I cannot find a way to do that. I will need to reconsider putting any other of the Mods up as I do not need a problem with page creation for them.

tngrlkrz
23 minutes ago, Brett said:

Why would a restore have occured and why would there be no notice or maintainance mode?

Brett,  you just were hit with bad timing for your first mod.   There was a major outage at the forum server level yesterday...at least most of the day.   After I posted on the tnguserlist2 in the afternoon, Darrin indicated the server support was working on it.  So it was not maintenance, but an unplanned event.   If you upload the same file again, I believe you will be alerted of the previous file, and given the chance to overwrite it.

Ken Roy
9 hours ago, Brett said:

I created and edited the page for over 2 hours.

Last save was about 5 minutes before the file upload.

Brett,

I never saw a Recent Changes entry where you created a new page.  So something else might have been going on.  I do not have access to the server so I cannot check any logs.  All I can say was that there was no entry in the Recent Changes log for a new page before you entry in the Upload log for the file