TNG Community

Thumbnails and fotos

Michael Schmidt

Michael Schmidt

Hi,

I have a problem generating Thumbnails. (Original) fotos to individuals are linked, shown and in the proper directory. However if I try to generate Thumbnails from them I get an error message. Any idea where I did not set the proper permission (...according to the error message) or what else the problem might be?

Bye

Michael

Bildschirmfoto von 2019-05-16 10-24-40.png

Bildschirmfoto von 2019-05-16 10-25-06.png

Chris Lloyd

Could be a path problem if the main image really does exist.

Personally I don't use the thumbnail generator - I prefer to use a 3rd party program  - Easy Thumbnails - to make them and then select the thumbs when I upload the original image.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 4:22 AM, Michael Schmidt said:

Hi,

I have a problem generating Thumbnails. (Original) fotos to individuals are linked, shown and in the proper directory. However if I try to generate Thumbnails from them I get an error message. Any idea where I did not set the proper permission (...according to the error message) or what else the problem might be?

Bye

Michael

Bildschirmfoto von 2019-05-16 10-24-40.png

Bildschirmfoto von 2019-05-16 10-25-06.png

It is more common that you have a path problem than a permissions problem if some of the thumbnails are generated, but others give the errors you're showing examples of.

Start with the first error - go to your Media Admin in a new tab (so you preserve this list or errors) and search for the first file name - "Meghan-Markle.jpg" from your list. Does the original image show if you click on the "Test" button link?

If you click on the Edit button link, is it set to the right collection (eg Photos, Headstones, Histories, etc)? If anything is wrong then correct that and try again to generate the thumbnail.

Repeat as needed to correct all the errors

Roger

Michael Schmidt

Thank you! Yes, it was a problem with path - I've re-installed TNG (not because of that. At the moment, I´m trying and learning - and breaking - a lot of things). After choosing the proper folder it worked.