TNG Community
Jimatl

Census Plus cannot get the DOM file to work

Jimatl

Hi,

I am trying to install Census Plus. I have followed the instruction to the letter I finally  got it to read a DOM file but it errors out saying that it is the wrong document type. 

I have checked rechecked my steps I am going in circles I have attached some screen shots and the dom file I created. Any thoughts what to do?

Thanks for you help 

ERRRR9MM9.jpg

ERRRR.jpg

ERRRR99.jpg

1911-CENSUS,AVERY,PAUL.txt

Ken Roy

As the error message indicates, this is appears to be an html source file and not a DOM source.  Since I have no clue what census you are trying to capture, I cannot capture the DOM source myself to verify whether it is a procedure issue.

Of course Ancestry could have change something again recently and the initial checks are no longer valid. 

The Import only works on TNG 12 with v12.0.0.9 of the mod.  I got the same error you did on that version of the mod.

The DOM source can only be captured in Firefox or SeaMonkey.  No other browser is supported.

Ken Roy

Can you provide a URL to the census image you are trying to create a DOM source to be imported?  I was not able to find the imageID within the file provided

Ken Roy

I was finally able to find what census image you are trying to import.   I captured my own DOM source which imports correctly, so it appears to me that you are not capturing the DOM source correctly.

The following applies:

• You can only capture the DOM source in Firefox (or SeaMonkey)
  • You have to expand the index table below the image
  • You have to right click and click the Select All option
  • You then have to right click again and click on the View Selection Source option
  • You then have to click the hamburger icon (top right of the screen)
  • You then have to click on the Save Page As option
  • You then have to set the Save As Type option to Text files
  • You can then save the file in your TNG transcriptsource with a name you can associate with the census