TNG Community
ChrisG

Theme Does not Display Properly

ChrisG

I just finished the install of TNG following the instructions provided. All appeared to go smoothly but I have a number of problems most pressing appears to be the Theme. It's not rendering properly. When I open the site none of the button images appear. Instead I get blue placeholders with a ? mark. (see attachment). So the Theme's images are not being found.

I've loaded a GEDCOM file with little success. Some data (see attachment2) is loaded but doesn't appear within the theme. I've attempted to load an image into the front page as a header and that hasn't worked as well. 

I must have an install problem that's impacting the Theme's rendering.

I created a Sub Domain on my primary domain for TNG and I'm wondering if this might be causing the issue. The site resides here: tree.goldings.ca

I've spent a lot of time attempting to resolve this on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 5.44.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.15.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.16.26 AM.png

bhemph

I pulled your site up in Chrome and right clicked to bring up the inspect element on one of the missing images.  There are several errors 403 (Forbidden) on objects that are missing.  So there must be some permissions to access the img folders to display those icons and images that is set instead to block them and causing the display issue.

ChrisG
1 hour ago, bhemph said:

I pulled your site up in Chrome and right clicked to bring up the inspect element on one of the missing images.  There are several errors 403 (Forbidden) on objects that are missing.  So there must be some permissions to access the img folders to display those icons and images that is set instead to block them and causing the display issue.

Thanks for reply bhemph. That helped. I deactivated the htaccess file in the public_html folder and that resolved the issue.