TNG Community
lesdelc

Chart Text Display Problem [Solved]

lesdelc

How can I get the chart text to display properly? I am using WordPress with the TNG plugin from Mark Barnes. To try and solve the problem I removed the black.gif from pedigreetext.php and changed the border=0 to border=1. These changes now help me to see what is being displayed. For some reason, the fields are not being populated. My coding experience is limited. I looked through the code in pedigreetext.php but could not see the problem. Please see the attached image — any suggestions.

tng-ancestor.jpg

theKiwi

Does it display correctly if you view it direct through TNG, bypassing WordPress?

What TNG version do you have?

Do you have the latest version of the TNG-WordPress-plugin from the WordPress plugin repository?

It works on my site like here http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/pedigreetext.php?personID=I16&tree=Roger&parentset=0&generations=4

Roger

lesdelc
1 hour ago, theKiwi said:

Does it display correctly if you view it direct through TNG, bypassing WordPress?

What TNG version do you have?

Do you have the latest version of the TNG-WordPress-plugin from the WordPress plugin repository?

It works on my site like here http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/pedigreetext.php?personID=I16&tree=Roger&parentset=0&generations=4

Roger

Roger, after I viewed the link, you provided it appears the Text Chart is a pedigree chart that requires a full-width template. I have one more question where would I find the Ancestor tab to remove the text chart (pedigree chart)? After viewing your menu, I do not need this text chart.

theKiwi

If you edit the file pedigree.php and comment out this line - line 493

$innermenu .= "<a href=\"$pedigreetext_url" . "personID=$personID&tree=$tree&parentset=$parentset&generations=$generations\" class=\"lightlink\" id=\"textlnk\">{$text['pedtextonly']}</a>    |    \n";

by adding // at the start of it thus

//$innermenu .= "<a href=\"$pedigreetext_url" . "personID=$personID&amp;tree=$tree&amp;parentset=$parentset&amp;generations=$generations\" class=\"lightlink\" id=\"textlnk\">{$text['pedtextonly']}</a> &nbsp;&nbsp; | &nbsp;&nbsp; \n";

it will suppress the "Text" link on the pedigree chart that are generated from pedigree.php.

It looks like you'll have to the same thing to all the other files that create "pedigree" type charts to remove it from all the other chart types pages - so verticalchart.php, ahnentafel.php, fan.php, extrastree.php, and if you have it installed mappedigree.php

Roger

lesdelc
1 hour ago, theKiwi said:

If you edit the file pedigree.php and comment out this line - line 493

$innermenu .= "<a href=\"$pedigreetext_url" . "personID=$personID&tree=$tree&parentset=$parentset&generations=$generations\" class=\"lightlink\" id=\"textlnk\">{$text['pedtextonly']}</a>    |    \n";

by adding // at the start of it thus

//$innermenu .= "<a href=\"$pedigreetext_url" . "personID=$personID&amp;tree=$tree&amp;parentset=$parentset&amp;generations=$generations\" class=\"lightlink\" id=\"textlnk\">{$text['pedtextonly']}</a> &nbsp;&nbsp; | &nbsp;&nbsp; \n";

it will suppress the "Text" link on the pedigree chart that are generated from pedigree.php.

It looks like you'll have to the same thing to all the other files that create "pedigree" type charts to remove it from all the other chart types pages - so verticalchart.php, ahnentafel.php, fan.php, extrastree.php, and if you have it installed mappedigree.php

Roger

Thanks, Roger for the help. Commenting out each line of code for the files you mentioned did the job. This has helped me read & understand the code. I took programming courses several years ago and this is helping me to recall what I learned.