TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Marilee C.

How to get started with linking to data from Home Page

Marilee C.

Hi, I am a newbie on this site - just purchased the app last week.  I imported everything from Ancestry (worked great), figured out how to put at least picture (not stitched pictures as I really wanted) on the Home Page, and am very happy so far.  On the other hand, I know nothing about how to link from one thing to the other.  For example, I have the buttons for His Side and Her Side that should link to my parents (in my case) and their ancestors/descendants.  How do I do that?  I assume I link to their name somewhere, but how?  Also, there is a Third and a Fourth Link that I guess I can make for anything.  I would love to link the book idea I saw here or at least a place for Narratives and I'm not sure what other link would work well.  At least for the Narratives idea,  I would have to originate material and then pull it in somehow.  I don't know how to do that either.   If there is an info sheet or some quick tip, I would love to know it.   Thanks very much

theKiwi

These links you're asking about can be set up in the TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> Template Settings

Roger

Marilee C.

Oh, I get it.  I needed to change the ID and treeid to my own!  I thought the ones there were automatically correct but they were generic.  THANK YOU for making me look harder.  

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 9.43.49 AM.png

theKiwi
22 minutes ago, Marilee C. said:

Oh, I get it.  I needed to change the ID and treeid to my own!  I thought the ones there were automatically correct but they were generic.  THANK YOU for making me look harder.  

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 9.43.49 AM.png

Make sure you set the correct "mytreeid" too.

Roger