TNG Community

Map Pins

Renze

Bill Herndon

Renze,

It sort of depends on what you mean by 'adapted'.  In other words, whether your version is a compatibility patch to Roger's mod or new functionality.  If the former, then you'd want to modify the existing Wiki page to list the download link and the TNG version that your version is compatible with (...and, as a courtesy, make sure Roger knows what you're doing).  If the latter, you probably want to create a whole new mod page in the Wiki--that's so there is no confusion for the users.

Either way, If you don't already have a TNG Wiki account, you'll need one.

k/r

Bill Herndon

Lindell-Herndon Genealogy

Renze,

This mod has a conflict with native TNG.  It already has map pins 006.png and 009.png, so your mod will show 'partially installed', so cannot install unless those png files are either deleted from your mod, or deleted from the TNG img/folder before installation.

I could not find a mod on the wiki named 'More Place Levels', you might wish to correct that. 

A quick look after installing (w/o the conflict of pins) the mod,  most of the pins turned a deep purple, with no legend displaying at the bottom.

Ron

13 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

I could not find a mod on the wiki named 'More Place Levels', you might wish to correct that. 

Ron/Renze

The Mod referred to is Google Maps - More Place Levels Mod.

If Renze could described what the adapted Mod does, that would be good.

Hello Roger,

I have indeed changed the pins and the font. And they are now standard 11 pins. See image below.

11-pins-uk.png

20 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Renze,

Deze mod heeft een conflict met native TNG . Het heeft al kaartspelden 006.png en 009.png, dus je mod zal 'gedeeltelijk geïnstalleerd' tonen, dus kan niet worden geïnstalleerd tenzij die png-bestanden zijn verwijderd uit je mod of verwijderd uit de TNG img / map voor de installatie.

Ik kon geen mod vinden op de wiki met de naam 'More Place Levels', je zou dat kunnen corrigeren. 

Een snelle blik na het installeren (zonder het conflict van de pinnen) de mod, de meeste pinnen werden donkerpaars, zonder dat de legenda onderaan werd weergegeven.

Ron

Hello Ron,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to look at it.

The legend can only be seen when you have given a "level" in the backend. See image below.

places-backand-uk.jpg

7 minutes ago, Renze said:

I have indeed changed the pins and the font. And they are now standard 11 pins. See image below.

My suggestion would be that instead of releasing another almost identical Mod, you make a Mod for your own use that alters the original one after the original is installed - to change just the call to the different Font and the pin images. This then doesn't upset the situation where people might already have changed the pins, or like me actually have the entire set of pins in the img folder and so having collisions with file names as also reported.

Roger