TNG Community

After upgrading to v.12.1 I get the following error

Packrat

I get the following error:
"An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message."

Query: SELECT tng_dna_tests.testID, tng_dna_tests.personID as tpersonID, tng_dna_tests.gedcom as tgedcom, test_type, test_number, test_date, match_date, markers, mtdna_haplogroup, ydna_haplogroup, hvr1_results, hvr2_results, y_results, person_name, mtdna_confirmed, ydna_confirmed, notes, markeropt, notesopt, linksopt, surnamesopt, private_dna,urls, surnames, MD_ancestorID, MRC_ancestorID, admin_notes, medialinks, ref_seq, xtra_mut, coding_reg, shared_cMs, shared_segments, chromosome, segment_start, segment_end, centiMorgans, matching_SNPs, x_match, relationship_range, suggested_relationship, actual_relationship, related_side, GEDmatchID, private_test FROM tng_dna_tests, tng_dna_links WHERE tng_dna_links.personID = "I2" AND tng_dna_links.gedcom = "tree1" AND tng_dna_links.testID = tng_dna_tests.testID ORDER BY match_date DESC, test_type ASC, markers * 1 ASC, test_number * 1 ASC

Unknown column 'match_date' in 'field list'

I have tried re-uploading my gedcom file but the error is still there. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ken

OK, Yes, I did do that step but I still get the error.

\n"; $rval = true; } else { echo "failed or done previously
\n"; $rval = false; } return $rval; } ?>

TNG 12.x Database Structure Update

The Next Generation database has now been updated to v12.x specs.

Ken

What TNG version did you upgrade from? 

31 minutes ago, Packrat said:

That looks like part of a script and not the messages echoed to the screen by the upgrade

2 hours ago, Packrat said:

OK, Yes, I did do that step but I still get the error.

TNG 12.x Database Structure Update

The Next Generation database has now been updated to v12.x specs.

It looks like you loaded the update script from the local version on your computer, instead of loading it from your website with a URL like

http://YourSiteHere.com/tng/upgradedb_12-12.php

Make sure that you have uploaded all the files to your site, and then open the Readme_12_12.html from your site, NOT from your local computer.

Roger

Fritz Loseries

Hi, I got a similar error concerning the dna-tool after upgrading from 10.x to 12.1:

Entering DNA tests from Admin area I get the following error message:

Ein Fehler ist in TNG aufgetreten. Ursache kann das Setup, ein unvollständiges Upgrade oder ein Programmfehler sein. Wenn Sie der Webseitenbetreiber sind, kontaktieren Sie den TNG-Support, um Hilfe zu erhalten. Bitte kopieren Sie die untenstehende Meldung in Ihre Nachricht.

Abfrage: SELECT testID, test_type, test_date, match_date, ydna_haplogroup, mtdna_haplogroup, tng_dna_tests.personID, tng_dna_tests.gedcom, test_number, firstname, lastname, lnprefix, nameorder, suffix, prefix, title, person_name, mtdna_confirmed, ydna_confirmed, markeropt, notesopt, linksopt, surnamesopt, private_dna, private_test, dna_group, dna_group_desc, surnames, MD_ancestorID, MRC_ancestorID FROM tng_dna_tests LEFT JOIN tng_people ON tng_people.personID = tng_dna_tests.personID AND tng_people.gedcom = tng_dna_tests.gedcom ORDER BY match_date DESC, test_number ASC LIMIT 50

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

It seems, that there is a conflict between two utf-8 collations.

There is in TNG WIKI under https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Changing_to_UTF-8 a description for changing the collation in MySQL database, but the link to the according mod is not given. Only in the German part there is a link, but it says "Please do not use this description, it is still under translation". Haha.

Maybe the description in the TNG WIKI can be corrected.

Although I would like to here any opinion how to solve this problem in another way.

By the way: all other parts of TNG are working correctly after upgrading.

Regards, Fritz Loseries

Fritz,

That means the collation sequence on your database does not match that used in the TNG tables, so when TNG created the new tables they were created with the default collation sequence for your database.

You should be able to use phpMyAdmin and update the collation sequence for the new tables to match your existing tables.

Fritz Loseries

Ken,

thanks for the reply. But I have nothing changed in the database which was TNG 10.x and after successful upgrading TNG 12 tables. In TNG 10.x all was fine. Why should I change the collation from 10.x after upgrading. No new tables in 12.1 where built by myself.

Even though I could not find a possibility within phpAdmin updating to a new collation. Where can I see which tables have which collation ?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Fritz

Fritz,

I think it is different on each host where you would find the information.  On my host, if I select the MySQL Database from the cPanel, the option for creating a new database shows the default collation sequence as utf8_general_ci and yet my database was created with utf8_swedish_ci

If you cannot figure it out from your cPanel and phpMyAdmin, then ask on the tnguser2 list.  The database experts are more likely to be on the list than the forum.

If you upgraded from TNG 10.x then TNG v12 would have create new tng_dna tables and a new tng_templates table.  If you upgraded from any TNG 12 version, new columns would have been added to tng_dna_tests that might have the wrong collations sequence that is causing the error