TNG Community
TGLE

Mobile Site Enhancemnets mod

TGLE

Trying to download version for TNG12.1 but always get 404 page.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

John

Chris Lloyd

Are you logged in to the wiki? I have had no issue downloading it.

TGLE

Chris,

Thanks.

I was logged in earlier but have now been able to download and install.

Thanks,

John

Ken Roy

My site was in Maintenance Mode all morning.  Finally was able to fix all the issues with user-created pages that got broken with the TNG v12 upgrade the moved the template variables to a database table and moved the access to tng_begin.php which was not being used by the user-created pages since they were built years ago using begin.php and a bunch of includes.

I am looking as to whether we could send the user a message that the site is under maintenance rather than the 404 error when the site is not available

TGLE

Ken,

Thanks.

Now that I have the mod installed and working, I wonder if you can help me on a display issue when a smart phone uses my mobile site.

I use Template 12.  When using mobile site option the first text comes from the first column of template 12 etc.  My welcome text is however in column 2.  Is there a way of tweaking the software so that mobile site takes column 2 text first, then column 1 then column 3 followed by the bottom row?

Cheers,

John

Ken Roy

John,

I am quite sure that it is a browser function to display the columns as stacked on the smart as column 1, column 2 and then 3. You probably need to change your input into Template 12 so that column 2 becomes column 1 even on desktop devices

TGLE

Ken,

Thanks.

Not sure how to do this, but I will research.

I have friends living in Florida who will not have woken up yet, so many thanks!

Cheers,

John

Kare

I have a question about the mobile site option with template 15 and TNG version 12.0.3 The mobile site view works as expected on a smart phone and on an Ipad in portrait mode. On an Ipad in landscape mode (and on a laptop), however, columns one and two are switched - see enclosed images. Tested using Safari and Chrome. Any ideas why?

44EC4BF7-1988-4CE3-967A-E246B3EF22B4.jpeg

4668EBCD-400A-4946-8FE5-7CF4C3497947.jpeg

Ken Roy

Kåre ,

That will require investigation.  Users need to request that Darrin make the Mobile Site Enhancements mod part of TNG.  I used template 4 so I really only made changes to template 4 in the mod.  All my other mobile mods were incorporated into TNG 10.1  For some reason Darrin did not include this one, so unless the TNG Community ask that the mobile site changes be made into TNG we may be left struggling as he adds newer templates to TNG.

Ken Roy

Kåre  and John,

The column switch question might be one you need to send to Darrin.  i am not sure whether he built those new templates or whether they were contributed by other TNG users.  If you add sitever=mobile to the URL on the desktop or laplop and then resize your screen you can see how things will display on smaller devices.  I see no logic in how the screen display is returned as you reduce the size of the screen.

The Mobile Site Enhancements mod has no control on that part or the TNG page display