TNG Community
lahem

Document references

lahem

Sorry, just found something else that I can't work out....

In Oz Birth, Marriage & Death certificates have a reference number and where I have that information I would like to have it recorded, the citation (inc. the mod) doesn't seem to want to let me add the information, general format is something like;

• BDM NSW 111111/2019

Unpacked BDM = Births, Deaths & Marriage Registry, NSW for the state and the numbers are the folio/year of the document. If entered I would like to have it show next to the location of the event.

Hope to hear back ... have a great day!

Larry

Chris Lloyd

Larry I add that information in the notes section of the source:

lahem

Maybe I am being too precious .... I tried a standard citation perhaps it is because I am a coder and not a genealogy orientated thinker, or I am missing something about the whole game.

To me, what I want is that if the (say) birth information is from the official Births, Deaths and Marriage registry with the 'proof' of the registration number I sorta would like to see that as part of the display. Not needing to click something else so on the record that is currently;

BIrth: --Date-- --Place--

I want (for a NSW BDM record);

Birth: --Date-- -- Place-- --NSW BDM 11111/yyyyy--

Where the registration would be a link to the full citation/details. Like I said I am probably missing something (just like how to handle multiple families that intersect). Better get back to trying to keep the starving sheep alive ... it is bad here not as bad as further west but it is wearing to try and keep the animals alive especially as they are not ours......