TNG Community
lahem

Maiden/Married names

lahem

Just starting off again and entering data to see what I can build, but when I display people admin/public married women show as their maiden name (obviously so that it is 'correct').

But what I would like is that where a record is displayed it would be something like;

• Wilma Flintstone (nee Quartz)

I looked at some of the code but the marriage details seem to be puled way after display name is shown. Is this simply doable without huge numbers of file edits?

Thanks,
Larry

Ken Roy

Larry,

I would recommend that you change the file name to married_name_display_v12.1.0.0.cfg to match the %name value in the mod cfg file

I had to edit the file to find where the mod shows up in my list of 200+ mods on my WampServer test system

You also need to add

%wikipage:Married_Name_Display%

so one can click on the W wiki page link icon in the Mod Manager to quickly get to the Wiki Page which should be the same as the %name parameter in the mod.  The TNG Wiki (MediaWiki) automatically changes blanks to underscores but you must enter the underscores in the mod cfg file

Best Regards

tngrlkrz
2 hours ago, lahem said:

Written this as a mod (first!) attached will try and put it on the wiki soonish

In a quick test, no conflicts  with many other mods installed.  Not bad for first mod.

Ron 

lahem

Made the changes, waiting on wiki access.

Ken Roy

Did you request a username on the TNG Wiki?  If yes, did you use the generated email to confirm your email address

Ken Roy

Your username was approved.  I was helping rework a mod so I had not seen your email.

Often users request a TNG Wiki username but never confirm their email causing me extra work to followup

lahem

Is there a template for the mod page? I have grabbed one of the existing ones to munge but it would be nice if a sample with all the widgets is somewhere, search didn't find anything 😎

Yes I am in ... 😉

Ken Roy

You can use a simple mod like my Add Event Type ID

You can use [[media:zip_file_name}display name]]  for the download link.  Unless you want to track downloads using the Click Counter II and the Click Counter II Email Notify

The [[media: forces a save as dialog.  If using a straight save as from the wiki the you do not need the {{restricted}} template