TNG Community
BeverleyStimpson

dadlabel, momlabel - can I change and add?

BeverleyStimpson

Hi, Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong topic area. I'm trying to customise template 16 in TNG12   v. 12.0.3. I'd only just got my head around the basics to do the templateconfig file for the custom footer, index and topmenu without template in V11. But I had it figured enough to work!  I like the design of Template 16 in V12.0.3 - it's not that different to the one I'd designed previously. However, I can't figure out how to include the template snippets I had in V11 to not use a template in the new version. So, I'm attempting to customise Template 16 - colours etc are fairly easy. And I've sorted out (from the Wiki instructions) how to add new variables to the admin_templateconfig, cust_text and the T16 template config. YAY.... now my problem is this... I want to use the four links across the top of T16 for my grandparents.  I've made new variables as in Person 1, Person 2, 3 and 4 - and personname1, 2, 3 and 4, tree id etc. BUT at the top of the pages topmenu and index php, there is this code

$dadlabel = getTemplateMessage('t16_dadside');
    $momlabel = getTemplateMessage('t16_momside');

I've searched and cannot locate anything that resembles dadlabel or momlabel...  so my questions (if I've explained it correctly - apologies for being a bit long-winded) is where do I find this $dadlabel?  and can I change dadlabel, momlabel to something other - to include all four grandparent labels?  I can add links to the menu manually, but it does seem silly if I can use the php to do it. I'd really like to get the customisation done on my localhost server before I upload everything to my new domain.

Many thanks in advance

Beverley

Ken Roy

Beverly,

Go to Admin > Setup > Template Settings  the information is whatever you enter for Dad's Side label:  and Mom's Side label:  for Template 16

Scott_Pryer

Beverly,

Per Ken's instruction....  pay attention to the feature links section. see attachment

T16 links.jpg

BeverleyStimpson

Thank you both - I've managed it - didn't think about the feature links doh... blonde moment - menu sorted!