TNG Community

Email spam

Arne Storset

The last few days I have received several "Proposed Change" and "Comments" spam messages, see attached image of an email. Since my spam filter does not stop the emails, I have to delete them. Is it possible to stop the spam, and can it do any harm to my TNG data or cause other damage?  I have seen earlier discussions on the forum on similar topics, but with my rather low competence level as a TNG user, it is difficult to follow the discussions. So please give a simple answer. My program version is 12.0.2. 

Spam email.png

TNG has been providing captcha since TNG v6.  Prior to TNG v12 you have to install one of the captcha mod .  With TNG v12 you have to have Google reCaptcha v2 keys that you must specify in the Admin > Setup > General Settings > Privacy section or install one of the captcha mods.

I'm getting this spam as well for some days now. The origin is 5.188.210.17 - russian provider. As a first reaction i blocked the ip from my server with iptables, now I'l activate the recaptcha - if there isn't a different solution. I always try to avoid sending private data to google. I assume that there will be more information transferred than the captcha. And this must be mentioned in the privacy information due to EU-DSGVO.

Regards, Martin

Edited by bitterer