TNG Community
Barry Ennever

Restore function results in blank TNG screen

Question

Barry Ennever

Hi, I attempted to restore all tables from a backup after an import stopped before completion and after approx 2mins the restore screen goes blank (within the TNG frame ie header & LHS links remain) and stays that way for several hours.  I am using 12.0.3.

Does anyone have any suggestions plse?

Many thanks

Barry

screenshot.jpg

6 answers to this question

Ken Roy

Barry,

Sounds like you have encountered syntax errors.  Did you or your host change PHP version recently?  If yes, you might try going back to PHP 5.6.? and see if you can restore and import

Barry Ennever

Thanks Ken, I'm on 5.6.  I have restored the database from my ISP's backup but I guess it would be helpful to understand why TNG isn't working as it should.

Kind rgds

Ken Roy

Barry,

Is it possible that your backup is prior to your upgrade to TNG 12.0.3?  There was a change in the tng_reports table.

Download the tng_reports.bak or look at it with the File Manager on your site.  If it has rank instead of ranking then it is failing on that restore.

However, that would not explain you getting a blank screen, which is often caused by syntax errors in a cust_text.php file or in the customconfig.php file

Barry Ennever

Hello Ken, the backup was taken after the upg to 12.0.3 and tng_reports.bak indeed has ranking rather than rank.

Neither Dreamweaver nor a PHP code checker website finds any syntax problem so still something of a mystery. 

I appreciate your help

Barry

Ken Roy

Barry,

I would report the problem to Darrin so it can be fixed.  

Barry Ennever
5 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Barry,

I would report the problem to Darrin so it can be fixed.  

Tis done, thanks Ken.