TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
lastejas

Access Logs

lastejas

I've just noticed that when you select the "Show Crawlers" page there is no Header Title or Header image shown on the page. It's fine for "Show Visitors" and "Show Users".

I have edited the "showbotlog.php" file  as follows to bring it in line with the "Showuserlog.php" and that seems to work. Can any of you more "Tech Savvy" people see any problems with what I have done.

Original

<?php
include("begin.php");
if($cms['events']){include('cmsevents.php'); cms_logs();}
require($subroot . "logconfig.php");
include($cms['tngpath'] . "genlib.php");
include($cms['tngpath'] . $extspath . '/clconfig.php');
$textpart = "showlog";
include($cms['tngpath'] . "getlang.php");
include($cms['tngpath'] . "$mylanguage/text.php");
tng_db_connect($database_host,$database_name,$database_username,$database_password) or exit;
include($cms['tngpath'] . "checklogin.php");
if($cl_adminrestr == '1'){

Changes shown in Bold

<?php
$textpart = "showlog";
include("tng_begin.php");

if($cms['events']){include('cmsevents.php'); cms_logs();}
require($subroot . "logconfig.php");
//include($cms['tngpath'] . "genlib.php");
include($cms['tngpath'] . $extspath . '/clconfig.php');
//include($cms['tngpath'] . "getlang.php");
//include($cms['tngpath'] . "$mylanguage/text.php");

tng_db_connect($database_host,$database_name,$database_username,$database_password) or exit;
include($cms['tngpath'] . "checklogin.php");
if($cl_adminrestr == '1'){

Thanks

lastejas

As there has been no comments I will take it that these changes should not cause any problems and will update my live site accordingly.

Thanks

Ken Roy

You might want to discuss the changes directly with Bryan Larson who now supports the Customized Logs mod

tngrlkrz
On 2/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, lastejas said:

I've just noticed that when you select the "Show Crawlers" page there is no Header Title or Header image shown on the page

I get a heading with 'show crawlers'...."Last XXXXX Crawler entries".

UPDATE: I should add that this is on my customized production site.  Will try on out-of-box TNG 12.

UPDATE2: Your changes are correct, I see that issue also in a 'clean' TNG12.  The template siteheader is output now in tng_begin.php.  My custom site loads the site (topmenu) header in a different fashion. Recently ran into this with Graham Chamberlain's Surname_Statistics mod and proposed similar corrections to him, but he has not been available for some time.

As Ken suggests,  send your comments and changes to Bryan to update the mod.

Ron

lastejas

Thanks Ken & Ron for feedback

Simon_L

Can any one help on a related matter?

I’ve tried to get a copy of customised log mod from the TNG mods page but the hosting site appears to be down.  Can you shed an light on the issues or offer any advice on how I might get a copy? I tried message Bryan but his user is not accepting messages.

thanks

Simon

theKiwi
1 hour ago, Simon_L said:

Can any one help on a related matter?

I’ve tried to get a copy of customised log mod from the TNG mods page but the hosting site appears to be down.  Can you shed an light on the issues or offer any advice on how I might get a copy? I tried message Bryan but his user is not accepting messages.

The TNG Wiki site is working - what's probably happened is you've been blocked for logging in too many times with a wrong password, either to the Wiki or the TNG downloads page.

Go to http://whatismyip.com to get your IP number.

Copy that number, and send it in an eMail to Darrin - darrin@lythgoes.net - and ask him to check if you've been blocked, and unblock you.

Roger

Ken Roy

Actually, the problem is that Bryan, like several of us, restrict mod downloads to logged in users, and his site appears to be down, since it returns a Network Time out.

Ken Roy

I have temporarily updated the TNG Wiki page to allow download of the Customized Logs mod without going to Bryan's site to control the downloads, since he is not answering any of the different emails I sent him

Simon_L

Ken, thanks very much for making the mod available which I have now down loaded and enjoying.

Simon