TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Genealogist

TNG v12.0.3 new install

Genealogist

Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ that I am working on running TNG v12.0.3 (brand new install (NOT an upgrade)).  Here's what I have done..... installed Apache, installed PHP and phpMyAdmin, installed MySQL, downloaded and extracted the TNG website to /var/www/html/.  MySQL shows a database called "mysql" and i created one called "genealogy", with the root user having "all privileges".  When I open the localhost (127.0.0.1) webpage, the readme.html file opens and I begin my initial config of TNG.  For #3, I set all of the correct permissions on the files and folders as needed.  For #6, I put in all of the required information for the database, using "genealogy" as the database to use (collation is set to use "utf8_general_ci" in both MySQL and the TNG software.  The "Save and Verify" says everything is good "Information saved, connection verified!" Now when I am at #8, to create the user for myself, I put in all of the information and I click the button to "create user" and get the following message:  Please wait, attempting to process...  This never goes away and I don't know why.   Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

Also, when I try to create the "tree" I get the same response.  Any thoughts on this one too?

When I close out the screen and go to the 127.0.0.1/index.php, I get the following error:

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: SELECT * FROM tng_mediatypes ORDER BY ordernum, display

Table 'genealogy.tng_mediatypes' doesn't exist

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Michael

Genealogist

Hello,

Please disregard my previous post, as I have figured out what I missed.   I forgot to create the tables when going through the setup process.  All is working fine now.

Thank you,

Michael