TNG Community

Grandparents

willquill

I would like to create a Report that would recognize an individual's Grandparents only. basically my name, my Grandparents (4), my G Grandparents (4) etc.

Thank you in advance.

Willquill

• 1 month later...

So for each and every individual you want columns for grandparents, then great parents?  My SQL skills are not that sophisticated. However, you probably could do an export (CSV) of individuals and then do a Hierarchy/Organizational view  in Excel.  That might work for you needs.  There are Youtubes on the subject.

Hope that helps.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:16 AM, willquill said:

I would like to create a Report that would recognize an individual's Grandparents only. basically my name, my Grandparents (4), my G Grandparents (4) etc.

Thank you in advance.

I'm unclear on what you're asking for

If you start at you, then you have 4 grandparents - but G Grandparents - you have 8 not 4?

Roger

The media tab of the person / individual page gives a nice condensed page which could be saved and go back as many generations as you wish but if more than one page, would need a scrolling capture, alternately, you can use the pdf tab to get a nice pedigree chart with the basics.

image.png

Ron

12 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

The media tab of the person / individual page gives a nice condensed page which could be saved and go back as many generations as you wish but if more than one page, would need a scrolling capture, alternately, you can use the pdf tab to get a nice pedigree chart with the basics

This is a great way to show parents through great grandparents for individual -- I had forgotten about that.  My interpretation was that he wanted a bulk report for all persons shown in report (maybe with multiple columns).  That would be about 11 columns per side (about 22 total) for each individual.  The extrastree.php might have some code that could be manipulated for WillQuill and/or other  purposes.

WillQuill needs to chime in and be more specific on his desired output otherwise it's just a guessing game of his needs.

Ron

5 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

WillQuill needs to chime in and be more specific on his desired output otherwise it's just a guessing game of his needs.

Ron

Agreed his initial question/post has too much ambiguity.

• 2 months later...

Good morning,

What I am looking for is a report that I can manipulate via an Excel spreadsheet. The Information contained is as follows:

1) select any individual

2)List his/here descendants

3) the descendant would be numbered such as Children would be #1, grandchildren would be#2, ggrandchildren would be #3 etc.

4) DOB for all

I am one of 75 Grandchildren, G Grandchildren have doubled that number and so forth. My family  is always looking for info and this would be a great start.

Thank you in advance.

WILLQUILL

Chris Lloyd

There is a 3rd party program called Genviewer that may do what you want. Very useful way of manipulating GEDCOMS.