TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
Appelmus

Reunion to TNG II.

Appelmus

Hello!

Reunion uses the gedcom -TAG   _ MARRIAGECIV  for civil marriage.  TNG uses the TAG  _ MARRIAGEC for this purpose. TNG does not accept Reunion TAG. Can I permanently change the TNG TAG to _ MARRIAGECIV?

Thanks in advance

theKiwi
2 hours ago, Appelmus said:

Hello!

Reunion uses the gedcom -TAG   _ MARRIAGECIV  for civil marriage.  TNG uses the TAG  _ MARRIAGEC for this purpose. TNG does not accept Reunion TAG. Can I permanently change the TNG TAG to _ MARRIAGECIV?

My Reunion 12 doesn't include that tag - you must have added it to Reunion yourself?

My Reunion 12 does have "Civil Union" with the tag UNIO

TNG should import your _MARRIAGECIV tag though - have you looked in the "Custom Events" part of TNG Admin to see if it's listed there but set to "Ignore"?

But GEDCOM tags aren't meant to be so long - I'd suggest changing the tag in Reunion - Reunion Preferences ------> Fields ------> Family ------> Civil Marriage and edit the GEDCOM tag there to something with less characters, then export a GEDCOM, import it to TNG using the "Import Custom Events Only" setting, go to the Custom Events setting in TNG Admin, set it to Accept, give it a description, and then import the GEDCOM file again.

Roger

Appelmus

I changed it in reunion

Thank You!🙂