TNG Community
bruno

reCAPTCHA into TNG 12.0.2

bruno

Hello,

I try to place a reCAPTCHA on my TNG (12.0.2,) but it does not work. I have registered the site through my google account.
I get there:
-Keys
-Step 1: Paste this snippet before the closing </ head> tag on your HTML template:
-Step 2: Paste this snippet in the JavaScript callback for an action on your website.

My question: where can I find the HTML template. When I watch with FTP, I only see in the Template map:

folder css
map img
footer.php
index.php
topmenu.php

I do not understand anything from step 2. What is the JavaScript callback and where can I find it?

Maybe someone can help me?

Kind regards

Ken Roy

See reCaptcha v2 Implemented on where you must put the keys within Admin > Setup > General Settings

bruno

Hi Ken,

That is what I did. I have entered Google's key on the site as described. Get on my site
(see: www.familiehuijbregts.nl) under "suggest" an error message. "ERROR for site owner: invalid key type"

bruno

But according to google I still have to perform step 1 and step 2 ... and that's the problem (I think)

Ken Roy

Darrin implemented the reCaptcha into TNG.  You should not have to modify anything.  I do not use this particular captcha since I changed to use Image Captcha years ago, so I have never requested a key from Google for v2.

It putting the keys in the TNG Setup does not work, then you should notify Darrin.  It is also possible that the TNG Wiki documentation on obtaining the keys is not correct, since i am not sure I got Bryan Larson to provide the information since this was his mod before it became part of TNG .

Darrin should have taken care of Step 1 and 2 as part of the TNG implementation.  Of course Google could have changed something since TNG V12 was released.

bruno

Hi Ken,

Thank you for this information. I did not know this. I will contact Darrin.

Best regards

Branko

Hi,

I'm still running TNG v11 and have started to be bombarded with SPAM through the Contact form. Is reCAPTCHA available for this version or do I have to upgrade to v12. 

Reading the Wiki it talks about v2 of reCAPTCHA but v2 appears not to be available any longer, its v3 now.

If I am re remain on v11 what are my options to stop the SPAM.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Roy

Captcha has been part of TNG since TNG v6 but requires that you install one of the Captcha mods to activate it