TNG Community
tigs

Order of Events

tigs

Hi,

I understand that the events/ other events a displayed in date order. Is there another way of customising the events order. 

image.png

The order of events I would like is: Born, Birth Registration, Census, Died and Death Registration.  

Kindest Regards

Tigs

Chris Lloyd

It will put those orders in automatically IF you have complete dates. In your screenshot with the 1901 census the date order would change if you put for example Aft Apr 1901 for date of death - that would move the census record above the death date record.

tngrlkrz

Chris's method will work for the 'census', but 'gender' will still be between 'born' and 'birth registration'.  If that were important to you, a small code change could move gender.

In  an otherwise 'clean' TNG v12.03, these getperson.php lines (~193-202) would need be moved up:

if ( $row['sex'] == "M" ) {
        $sex = $text['male']; $spouse = "wife"; $self = "husband"; $spouseorder = "husborder";
    }
    else if ($row['sex'] == "F" ) {
        $sex = $text['female']; $spouse = "husband"; $self = "wife"; $spouseorder = "wifeorder";
    }
    else {
        $sex = $text['unknown'];   $spouseorder = "";
    }
    setEvent( array( "text"=>$text['gender'], "fact"=>$sex ), $nodate );

before this line (~189):

setEvent( array( "text"=>$text['born'], "fact"=>$stdex['BIRT'], "date"=>$row['birthdate'], "place"=>$row['birthplace'], "event"=>"BIRT", "entity"=>

If done, it ideally should be done in a personal mod.  I choose to suppress  'gender' and 'personID' myself , since the person ID and gender symbol are located beneath the name, keep birth/death events together, with other events following in date sorted order, or by the admin:event designated 'order' if no date.  Also using the Relocate_Person_Photos to put personal media in the individual section.  Just my choice.

Ron

image.png

stores

Thank you Ron, I have been wanting to move the sex up above the birth line for ages and your directions worked perfectly... Jim

fluffy82
10 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

I choose to suppress  'gender' and 'personID' myself

Which mod did you use to suppress gender and ID number? Those (for my site useless) rows have been bothering me since forever.

tngrlkrz
5 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

Which mod did you use to suppress gender and ID number? Those (for my site useless) rows have been bothering me since forever.

This is done by commenting a couple lines in getperson.php (TNG12.03 line nbrs):

line: 202
//    setEvent( array( "text"=>$text['gender'], "fact"=>$sex ), $nodate );

line: 247
//    $persontext .= showEvent( array( "text"=>$text['personid'], "date"=>$personID, "place"=>$treestr, "np"=>1  ) );

note: realize if you have branches, you will lose display of the branch description(s) and the tree on the personID row. I chose to display branches elsewhere, and only have one tree.

Such small changes are not in a published mod, just part of a much larger private cfg  file.  As always, it is recommended doing this in the mod manager  cfg file format, so as to prevent TNG update trouble. If you need help creating a mod, let me know and I can PM you a cfg file to do this.  Would also need to know what your TNG version is. 

Ron

fluffy82
2 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

This is done by commenting a couple lines in getperson.php (TNG12.03 line nbrs):

line: 202
//    setEvent( array( "text"=>$text['gender'], "fact"=>$sex ), $nodate );

line: 247
//    $persontext .= showEvent( array( "text"=>$text['personid'], "date"=>$personID, "place"=>$treestr, "np"=>1  ) );

note: realize if you have branches, you will lose display of the branch description(s) and the tree on the personID row. I chose to display branches elsewhere, and only have one tree.

Such small changes are not in a published mod, just part of a much larger private cfg  file.  As always, it is recommended doing this in the mod manager  cfg file format, so as to prevent TNG update trouble. If you need help creating a mod, let me know and I can PM you a cfg file to do this.  Would also need to know what your TNG version is. 

Ron

Thanks for the info!
I've never created a mod, but I'd be interested to, learn how to (if it's not too much trouble). I'm working in TNG 12.0.3

tngrlkrz
2 hours ago, fluffy82 said:

I've never created a mod, but I'd be interested to, learn how to (if it's not too much trouble).

Fluffy82,

I would suggest you read some of the fine documentation on the TNG Wiki relating to mods.  A good start here: Category:Mods .

I have PM'd  you a cfg file which you can put in your tng root/mods/ folder, then install with admin:Mod Manager.

Ron

fluffy82

Thanks Ron! I'll have a thorough read.