TNG Community

error message when modifying place name

DvanF

When I find an error in the name of a city in the list of Places, I click the button Test next to it.

What appears is a list of persons linked to this place.

When I click one of them, I get an error:

Query: SELECT display, eventdate, eventdatetr, eventplace, age, agency, cause, addressID, info, tag, description, eventID, collapse, ldsevent FROM (tng_events, tng_eventtypes) WHERE persfamID = "I87146" AND tng_events.eventtypeID = tng_eventtypes.eventtypeID AND gedcom = "soest" AND keep = "1" AND parenttag = "" ORDER BY ordernum, tag, description, eventdatetr, info, eventID

Unknown column 'ldsevent' in 'field list'

I have versions 12.0.3 running on my laptop as localhost, port 8080.

Engine behind this is XAMPP v3.2.2 on Windows 10

It seems like your database hasn't been updated at some stage or another in the past.

How long have you had a TNG site - did it start out as TNG 12.0.3 or was it an earlier version that you have upgraded to 12.0.3?

If an upgrade, maybe you missed a step in the process and didn't run the script to update the database. Run that script again and see what happens.

Roger

Thanks, Roger.

I have TNG just for a month or so and started with a version 11. Later I have updated it to 12.0.3 and followed the instructions.

I'll do that again and will see what happens.

Regards, DvanF

• 10 months later...

Have the same issue as mention and I have upgrade from V12.0 to V12.2 and have some issues.

From «Her side» - Name: Name (example) Results: “Example” 1938 - (80 år)

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This may be due to a configuration issue, incomplete upgrade, or a program error. If you are the site owner, please contact TNG System Support for assistance with this issue. Please copy the query below and paste it into the message. (From google translator) Spørring: SELECT display, eventdate, eventdatetr, eventplace, age, agency, cause, addressID, info, tag, description, eventID, collapse, ldsevent FROM (tng_events, tng_eventtypes) WHERE persfamID = "I4" AND tng_events.eventtypeID =tng_eventtypes.eventtypeID AND gedcom = "EK" AND keep = "1" AND parenttag = "" ORDER BY ordernum, tag, description, eventdatetr, info, eventID

Unknown column 'ldsevent' in 'field list' – ldsevent is not in tng_events or tng_eventtypes Not only on person, but source and another tables to.

On DNA test: Spørring: SELECT testID, test_type, test_date, match_date, ydna_haplogroup, mtdna_haplogroup, tng_dna_tests.personID, tng_dna_tests.gedcom, test_number, firstname, lastname, lnprefix, nameorder, suffix, prefix, title, person_name, mtdna_confirmed, ydna_confirmed, markeropt, notesopt, linksopt, surnamesopt, private_dna, private_test, dna_group, dna_group_desc, surnames, MD_ancestorID, MRC_ancestorID FROM tng_dna_tests LEFT JOIN tng_people ON tng_people.personID = tng_dna_tests.personID AND tng_people.gedcom = tng_dna_tests.gedcom ORDER BY match_date DESC, test_number ASC LIMIT 50

Unknown column 'person_name' in 'field list' – the field “person_name” does not exist in none of the table this request are picking up

I have gone followed the instruction over and over again with no results.

All links from first page are gone and must be reconnected in some way. The path in the templates seems Ok. Do I really need to reinstall all?

It sounds like you have missed a database upgrade step during the update process.

Open the Readme12x-122 file again and find the section about upgrading the database. Click the link to do that and see what it says.

Roger

10 hours ago, erlingkr said:

Unknown column 'person_name' in 'field list' –

That field was added to the DNA Tests table in TNG 12  Did you really upgrade from TNG 12 to 12.2?  or are you just now starting to use DNA Tests?

As Roger said, you missed an upgrade in the past.  You may need to download the TNG 11 to 12.2 upgrade and run the the database upgrade script from that readme.

I have gone the from TNG 10 - 11 - 12. The last update I made was from TNG 12.0 to 12.2. After that it stop to functions. TNG 12.0 was OK and I have followed the instruction by the number, so what went wrong I cant tell. I don't use DNA yet.

If you are not using DNA, exactly when are you getting the SQL error on the DNA Tests?  sounds like your did not do the database upgrade steps when you went from 11 to 12

By the way, this thread was in relations to getting an error when modifying a place name.

18 hours ago, erlingkr said:

Unknown column 'ldsevent

18 hours ago, erlingkr said:

Unknown column 'person_name'

Both unknown fields were in the TNG v11 upgrade to TNG v12, so you may need to download the TNG v11 to v12.2 zip file run the database upgrade step