TNG Community

v. 12.0.2 / č and ř in header title, part 2 & welcome paragraph (template 4)

pipsi

hello from Vienna!

since the upgrade from v. 11.1.2 to v. 12.0.2 a few weeks ago, č and ř are not shown in the header title, part 2 or welcome paragraph. 
I have already corrected it several times under setup/template settings - see att. photo! These special characters are displayed correctly for Czech names (database).

What do I have to do?

http://www.schuster-pippersteiner.at/genealogie/TNG/index.php

Happy New Year and kind regards,
Ingrid

TNG_20190101.PNG

Ingrid,

You need to make sure that all charset definitions on your site are either all UTF-8 or all ANSI. Looks like you might be using the wrong Czech folder.  If your database collation sequence is utf8_xxxx then your TNG Admin > Setup > General Settings > Languages should be Czech-UTF8 and the charset be UTF-8  your other Admin > Languages also need to be UTF8.

Or if your database is using latin1_xxxx collation sequence, then you need to use the non-UTF8 language folders

Ken,

these are my language settings - see attachment
I already used it with v. 11.1.2 - and didn't change anything after the upgrade to v. 12.0.2, at least not consciously ;) 

additionally - the czech language setting works everywhere else, but not in template settings

e.g. see here
http://www.schuster-pippersteiner.at/genealogie/TNG/getperson.php?personID=I290&tree=SchuPipp

Ingrid

UTF-8.PNG

Can you check your database using phpMyAdmin from your cPanel and see what collation the different tables and fields in the database are set to? In particular the tng_templates table and its fields - are they the same as the other tables and their fields?

They should be set to something like utf8_xxxxxx_ci if you're using UTF-8 for the language folders 

It might be that the template settings are not being saved as utf8_xxxx_ci that is causing these problems.

Roger