TNG Community
jdeslauriers

List of families

jdeslauriers

I am trying to clean-up my site. 

In admin / families I get a number of famiies that is less than the last family ID number.

I ran one of the report for null families and found 6 but there are more hidden in there.

Is there a way to list all of the families into a file, sorted by ID numbers and including the names of the spouses ?

Thanks

Jacques

manofmull

Jacques

You  could instal this mod to reveal all unused ID numbers (in Admin/ Miscellaneous/ ID Analysis)

https://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=ID_Analysis

If there are not too many, you can set the following to "yes"

Setup >> Configuration >> General Settings >> Re-use deleted IDs:

Alternatively, you could go to the following and resequence your ID numbers (beware of broken media links!)

Utilities >> Back up, Restore & Optimize Table Data >> Resequence IDs

Michael

jdeslauriers

Thanks, I'll gite that a try

jdeslauriers

I just installed the mod without problem.

Unfortunately it did not report any problem. The table shows 5982 families and none unused.

When I go into admin/familes it reports 5971 families so at least 11 families are null ones.

I know of 6 families with no spouses and I would like to know what the other 5 are.

I think the only way to do this would be to list all of them, into a csv file preferably, showing the family ID# and spouses 

Creating a report in TNG doesn't work because there is no family ID parameter .

I suppose that an SQL code could be written but I have no idea on how to do this.

Jacques

0f.jpg

bhemph

SELECT * FROM tng_families WHERE husband="" AND wife=""
You can run this from the control panel for SQL.  If you want to put it in the report creator, you would want to change the * to familyID.  This SQL query will give you families with no parents.  The family could have children though.  With the list you could look at each family to find out if that is the case.  I have several families that exist where I did not go any farther than identifying one person as a brother or sister to someone else who had married into the tree.

Brent

jdeslauriers

Tried that but that returned a list of 7 blank lines.

Jacques

jdeslauriers

OK that dit it

The Admin_families_Plus shoed the 7 empty families and 4 single parents families .

Thanks 

manofmull

Jacques

If you have empty families i.e. without anyone at all, these families will still use family "F" ID numbers and can be safely deleted. Do not delete single-parent families though.

Michael

jdeslauriers

Thanks,

I plan on reusing these IDs 

Jacques