TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
mipalmers

Maps not Displaying

mipalmers

I have had an issue with my Google Maps not displaying. I just updated my Google maps API, but still it does not display.  The map will very briefly display then display the message ' Oops! Something went wrong."  I am at TNG Version 1203 thought this has been an issue since version 11.

http://mipalmers.us/TNG/getperson.php?personID=I893&tree=palmer

Thanks for the help.

John Palmer

TNG maps.jpg

TNG maps2.jpg

Newfloridian

Lots of advice and comments about the Google maps issue on both this forum and the tnhuser lists over the last year. Best advice is to abandon Google maps altogether and transfer to Open Street Maps. There is an OSM mod by Xerxx which caters for versions of TNG from 10.1.3 to 12.x.x You can find it onto the wiki

btw works fine on template 4

Alan

mipalmers

Thanks.  I will give the suggestion a try.

Thanks

theKiwi
1 hour ago, Newfloridian said:

Best advice is to abandon Google maps altogether and transfer to Open Street Maps.

That is your advice, but not necessarily the best advice...

Plenty of sites are successfully still using Google maps for free with no issues. That's my advice.

I see the site in question has made the switch, but there are now some errors at the bottom of the page

Warning: include(templates/template4/footer.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/idealvid/public_html/mipalmers/TNG/genlib.php on line 248

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'templates/template4/footer.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php70/lib/php') in /home2/idealvid/public_html/mipalmers/TNG/genlib.php on line 248

Something is wrong as the site tries to include the footer.html file it seems.

Roger