TNG Community
Horsman_ONS

Selection on 3 fields

Horsman_ONS

Sorry,  another question about reports.  I want to produce a report of people for whom I have no Birth date, and no Death Date, and no Death Place,  as TNG identifies people with those criteria as living even though they were around in the 16th & 17th Century.   I know I can get the details via the Admin report for living people,  but that includes 'real' living people (for whom I have some of the details)

I set up a report with Birth Date= "" AND Death Date = "" AND Death PLace = ""       it finds no one

SQL: SELECT 0156ab_people.living, 0156ab_people.private, lnprefix, prefix, suffix, 0156ab_people.branch,lastname, firstname,birthdate,deathdate,deathplace, 0156ab_people.personID, 0156ab_people.gedcom, nameorder FROM (0156ab_people ) WHERE ((birthdate = "" AND deathplace = "" AND deathdate = """") AND (0156ab_people.living != 1)) ORDER BY CAST(SUBSTRING(0156ab_people.personID,2) as UNSIGNED)

Can anyone advise where I am going wrong?  Is it something to do with (0156ab_people.living != 1) I did not use this as a selection - the report generator appears to put that in automatically.  Trying a new report with Living = N  includes the code (0156ab_people.living != 1)  TWICE. 

So it seems that the report generator will only produce reports for people who are 'Dead'  !=1.    Is it meant to do this?

Sue