TNG Community
Emma

How to add a blog to existing TNG site

Emma

Hi,

I would like to create and add a WordPress blog to my existing TNG site. I have searched in the forum for a solution, but couldn't find an answer that would work with TNG 12.0.2.

Any suggestions? Maybe there are some built-in features in the newest TNG for adding a blog. I use Template 4, no mods of any kind.

Kind regards

Emma

boonie67

I added my blog by creating a folder within the root and installed it. You will need to create a sql database name, user name and password.

Emma

Hi  Boonie67,

Thanks for your answer:-)

I have donwloaded all the WordPress installation files and know that I via FTP can upload them to my site. Would you please be a little more specific, because I have very little experience in these things. So - when I with FTP have opened my site and see all my files, do I then add the WordPress files after the TNG files?  And of course don't mix them with the TNG files.

But how do I create a sql database name, user name and password?

boonie67

Yes you will have to download them into your folder you created (f ex) blog. Do you know how to create a database within your cpanel? You will have to create a database with a user name and password. These credentials go into a file to allow your blog to access internet. Anything more I will not post in the forum.

Brett

Emma

Do you currently have your TNG site running within WordPress?

Emma

Hi Brett,

No, my TNG site is not running within WordPress. I've had my TNG site for many years, and now I would like to start a blog, but I have no idea how to do it. I contacted one.com support, and they said that I should use WordPress that I've heard about, but otherwise know nothing about. From what one.com told me, I think I would prefer to establish the blog as a subdomain, but I have a hard time understanding where to create the subdomain folder.

Because the manual, they provide for installing WordPress, is an installation at the root of a main site, using one.com's filemanager within the controlpanel, which I haven't used before. My dealing with my files is with a FTP program, transferring my files from my offline database to my online database. So any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Emma

boonie67

Emma,

Who installed and created database for your tng installation?

Emma I have sent you PM mail envelope next to your name top of page. Click on it and read the message and use the PM message to continue communicating.