TNG Community

Research Link Mod

tngrlkrz

An updated version v 11.1.2.4 of Research Link Mod is available on the wiki.  Conflicts with three other mods have been resolved, edit options added, and translations for Czech, German and Spanish provided. For TNG 11.1.2 up to 12.02.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Some notes added to the Research Link Mod Wiki article, concerning install sequence when used with other mods.  Thanks to Kare for the latest catch regarding the Living Color Mod.  The current version of the Research Link Mod is v11.1.2.5 updated on December 4, when some user access Edit Options were added.  This mod competes with several other mods to modify the getperson.php heading space, thus the conflict and install sequence considerations.

Ron

The issue isn't with other mods. Looks like issue finding this statement in your cust_text.php files, which should be present.

//Mods should put their changes before this line, local changes should come after it.

That line must be present for the language files to be installed properly.  You're on TNG 11.1.2?  I have it installed on that 11.1.2 and 12.0.3 w/o problem.

It's possible this is required TNG 12 and forward, and I had those lines installed earlier than that.  I may need a version for TNG 11.1.2 which looks for the ?> instead of that line.

I will PM you another version.

Ron

Ron,

That statement only exists in cust_text.php files in TNG v12.  If your mod is to be installed on TNG v11, then it should either provide a TNG v11 version of the mod that looks to insert the custom text before ?>  or you mod should be changed to use the old approach.

Remember you beta tested the new Mod Manager on TNG v11 and may have updated your cust_text.php files then, but other users do not have that capability since the update to the cust_text.php files was provided in the Mod Manager that came with TNG v12.

Exactly Ken.  That's why I emailed you off list and I came to the same conclusion.  I have reverted to the old way (earlier today for the wiki and for Michael) for this mod since it has very little translation (one phrase).  I also remembered beta testing as well. I never refreshed my v11.1.2 test platform language files.

Ron

Ron,

The response was posted not just for you but for all other mod developers who continue to support back levels of TNG with their mods.  Others cannot see my replies to personal emails.

• 2 weeks later...

Ron,

You mention in the install instructions that one needs to comment out lines 63-70 in the SimpleSEO CFG file, but you specifically mention version 11.1.1.6. SImple SEO is now up to 12.0.3.6.

Those lines in the 12.0.3.6 cfg file now read:

%end:% 
%location:%
    echo tng_DrawHeading( $photostr, $namestr, getYears( $row ) );
%replace:%
// BEGIN: Simple SEO
    echo tng_DrawHeading( $photostr, $namewid, getYears( $row ) );
// END: Simple SEO

Are those still the correct lines to comment out in SimpleSEO.cfg?

Regards,

Hi Bob?,

The lines to comment out are  64-71, a shift of one line.

%location:%
    echo tng_DrawHeading( $photostr, $namestr, getYears( $row ) );
%replace:%
// BEGIN: Simple SEO
    echo tng_DrawHeading( $photostr, $namewid, getYears( $row ) );
// END: Simple SEO

Good luck,

Ron

• 3 months later...

Have posted a dot.x  version update of Research Link Mod , v11.1.2.6, which addresses syntax changes to avoid php warnings in php versions 7.2.x and 7.3.x.   It should still work on TNG 11.1.2, hence the version is only a dot.5 to dot.6.  If you are not displaying warnings, you will see no visible changes.