TNG Community

php Function.Date Warnings and Errors

Richard Murray

Richard Murray

I just updated TNG from version 8 to 12.0.2.  It seemed like it went smoothly but when I tried to start updating my data and settings, I started to get date and time related warnings and errors all over the place.  Here's the link to my site: 

http://rmurrayfamily.org/

Since I used the upgrade package and skipped ahead several versions, perhaps I'm missing some sort of initialization file that would keep these errors from occurring?  I think my only other alternative is to download the full version 12 and start over.

Any suggestions?

For some reason the PHP Date function is not being found on your server.    Check to make sure your server is running PHP version 4 or greater.  Most services should be running PHP 7.

Richard Murray

Mark St,

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I went to cpanel and it said I was using php 5.4.  It gave me the option of selecting any version up to 7.3 and said 7.0 was the system default.  I selected the default and things are back to looking normal.  Hopefully this will fix my GEDCOM import problem as well.

Thanks again and stay warm!

Richard,

Just that you know and everyone else support for PHP 7.0 ends on 3 Dec 2018 and all versions prior to 7.0 are no longer supported.  PHP 7.3 has been released or will be released in the next week or so.  From what I have read there has been some increases in performance.