TNG Community

Error when trying to import GEDCOM after upgrade to V12.0.2

Richard Murray

Richard Murray

I've just upgraded to Version 12 from Version 8 and am getting an error when I attempt to select a GEDCOM to import from my website GEDCOM folder.  When I hit the "select" button on the Admin Import/Export screen, it produces the following error message:

Warning: Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/rmurra6/public_html/admin_filepicker.php on line 359

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/rmurra6/public_html/admin_filepicker.php on line 359

Any guidance on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

One additional bit of info - I noticed that there is no "index.html" file in my GEDCOM folder, just my GEDCOM.  Am I missing something?

Edited by Richard Murray
additional info

Richard Murray

Problem solved.  My hosting provider allows users to specify the version of php they want to use.  I had not changed this since I signed up and was running 5.4.  Went to cpanel and changed to php 7.0 and everything appears to be functioning properly.  My thanks to Mark St for the tip.