TNG Community
mimsen

Template 12 - Can I see your webpage?

mimsen

I find it very useful and inspiring to see the design adaptions in the different member webpages.

I am currently using template 12 - does anyone like to share their template 12 webpage? 

Thank you! 

kwbush

www.buschgenealogy.net use the Username : Guest and password : #Demo

enjoy...

Keith

Ummmmmm...    Mimsen I misunderstood your request... I'm using VERSION 12 Template 15 but hey your welcome to view what I created anyhow.

Keith

Edited by kwbush
misunderstandering of original request

mimsen

Thank you for sharing, Keith! I think your page looks really nice. 

I liked the top menu design, with links to the two sides of the family, also including the first name/last name search fields. 

Nice with the short narratives on the right side, linking to external sources for more information. 

In my web browser(s) though, some of the text is covering one of your images, see attached photos (Chrome & Firefox, MacOSX).
In safari, the text is below the image, but there is an icon indicating there's an image missing. 

Thank's again! 

Mia/
Mimsen

textoverimage.png

missingpic.png

Newfloridian

Hi Mia

The TNG  Home Page has a whole page of User Sites to browse (not sorted by template number, I'm afraid). Worth a look though.

TNG User sites

I personally use template 4 and you are more than welcome to browse from the link below.

Alan

mimsen

Thank you, Alan! 

I wasn't aware of that site! 🙃🤫

lastejas

Mia

Your welcome to look at my site which uses Template 12. but it uses TNGv11, the TNGv12 site will be open later this month.

Hooley Family Links

Access is Username: guest Password: guest

Rick

Nancy Duelley

Hi!  I'm brand new and trying to set up my version 12.1 template 15 site (no data yet).  http://www.hyerslack.com   So, I'm in the process of organizing the index page.

I don't understand the Feature Articles.  When I look in the administrative-templates menu, the links are to paths like "feature6.php" or "custom_page1" but no such files exist on my server.  I thought they were blank 'buckets' I could put content into but when I click them, I get 404 and permission denied errors.  

What are these links supposed to go to?  How can I add content (other than inputting text to the template editor)?

I've searched for these terms on the wiki and the forum and came up empty.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Newfloridian

Hi Nancy

Feature Articles are there to allow the web author add their own material. Some (most?) templates have four spaces for these Feature Articles: probably named feature1.php; feature2.php and so on. Basically these are place holders.

TNG has a ready made facility for authors to create their own articles called historytemplate.php (try looking it up in the TNG wiki for further details). This file contains all the necessary codes to formulate your article with the look of the template you are using. Simply put, you add your material to historytemplate.php and save it (say) to a file called feature1.php and put it in the appropriate directory replacing the place holder. (Perhaps a bit more complicated than that but well worth the learning curve).

My own website is based on template 4 which has four Feature Article spaces in the right hand column of its index page. As an example, this is an example from that side:

The Orange Pages

Alan

Wiki pages dealing with creating user articles:

Historytemplate in TNG Wiki

Katryne

Hi Nancy !

I am using template 12 for the family website, but it's private except for a few pages. Here it is http://clan.chauvigne.info/

I was using it too for the village TNG site until a few days when I customized Template 13. Here it is : https://genealogie.revestou.fr/

I do like so much this clear, blue and white design, that I intend to pass the family site too under template 13. And I was so enthusiastic about it  that I made a template for my online photo Album starting from the denim background image : http://photos.katrynou.fr/