TNG Community

Mod Manager

hroberts89436

hroberts89436

Darrin just upgraded my TNG site to V12.  and I have downloaded a couple of the current versions of Mods to add to it such as the Signature mod.

However when I go into Mod Manager they do not show up.  all I see is the 1st picture attached.

It does say I need to upgrade my mmconfig file, and I have opened options and clicked save. I have even opened mmconfig, made changes saved it, looked, and gone back in and reverted the changes and resaved. still nothing.

I even went into the config verified the folder for the mods and even changed the folder and moved the cfg files to the new folder still nothing.

Can anyone give me some ideas of things I can look at to how to get these back.  Thanks,  BTW I came from V10 to 12 in case that makes a difference.

MM-1.png

32 minutes ago, hroberts89436 said:

It does say I need to upgrade my mmconfig file, and I have opened options and clicked save. I have even opened mmconfig, made changes saved it, looked, and gone back in and reverted the changes and resaved. still nothing

Normally following the action recommended solves the problem.  The Mod Manager changed substantially between TNG v10 and v12.  What version of TNG 10 were you on since the Mod Manager was also re-written in TNG v10.1

hroberts89436

Hey Ken,

Thanks for actually reading my post.  I think I was on 10.0.1.

I even pulled the mmconfig.php file from the download of 12 and placed it in place.

Because of the rewrites and such. Would you recommend just dumping all of the genealogy folder and downloading all new files?  My config files are in /private/config.

If I go that route are there any other files I should keep?

hroberts89436

I just noticed something.  There is an mmconfig file in my config directory. And one in the root directory.  Should I move the one from root to the config folder?

If you are using the Config Path option, the mmconfig.php file should be in that directory.  Rename the one in the TNG root and see what happens.

If that does not solve your problem, then download the TNG full version zip file, which you should do anyway as a software backup, extract the mmconfig.php file from it and upload it to your Config Path location

Did you uninstall all your mods before Darrin upgraded your site?

If not, you may need to replace the modules that the mod changes.  If Darrin, did not follow the upgrade NOTES to upgrade your cust_text, then some mods may show Bad Targets against the cust_text.php files

You may need to look at the TNG 10.1 mod upgrade instructions.  Go to the Main Features on the TNG Wiki Main Page and look at the articles on upgrading mods for TNG 10.1, TNG 11, and TNG 12

hroberts89436

Ken,

Thank you so much for your help.  The guides you pointed me to were excellent and I was able to easily correct my sql commands and get the mod back up and running

glporterfield

I am going to jump in on this thread since it is less than a week old and I am having the same problem.

I am doing a test upgrade from TNG 10.1.2 to 12.0.2 on my test server using an upgrade file.  Everything went great until I went to add my mods back into my site.  I am getting the same red text message about needing to update my mmconfig.php file.  There are no mods listed underneath that.

I did click on the Options tab as instructed.  I did need to update my cust_text.php files, which I did successfully ant then clicked on Save on the Recommended Updates page.  Still getting the red message.

Next I grabbed a copy of of the full install for 12.0.2 and copied mmconfig.php from that to the root directory of my web server.  No change.  I also cleared cache just in case.  Permissions on mmconfig.php are 664.

I am not using the Config Path Option.  That field is blank on Paths and Folders. 

Still getting the same red message.

Any ideas?

(No real rush.  This is my test server and I am taking time out to watch LSU beat Alabama!  :-)

George

glporterfield

Ken:

I did have a wrong value in the Genealogy URL field.  I corrected that and saved that change. 

At first, that made no difference.  Then I also noticed that the ownership:group settings were not consistent on all of the files/directories in my webroot.  I corrected that also, and now I am looking at a good Mod Manager display.

Thanks,

George