TNG Community
MadRanger

Access denied for user

MadRanger

I cannot open most pages on www.CarrFamilyTree.com. I presume this was a fat-finger induced error perhaps related to Norton PW Vault. USER is a replaced username...which may show up on the public side anyway!

When logged in and attempting to open a person's page I receive this message:
       Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'USER'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/USER/public_html/genealogy      /extensions/counters.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/USER/public_html/genealogy/extensions/counters.php on line 17
    Cannot execute query: SELECT count(id) as pcount FROM tng_people

Line 17 reads:       $result =  mysql_query($query) or die ("$text[cannotexecutequery]: $query");

I don't know where 'USER'@'localhost' is being invoked/stored - this is a production site, so localhost is not relevant. Edit: No user changes have been made at the database (cPanel).

Thanks in advance.

Regis

TNG v11

www.CarrFamilyTree.com

Chris Lloyd

Looks like you recently installed something called counters?

MadRanger

Chris & Rhodian,

You were right. I went back to my modmgrlog file  (a novel approach to problem solving!) and noted I had unintentionally installed the Menu Row Stats Counter MOD -- which preceded the problem. I had both my XAMPP and production sites open at the same time with no intention of changing anything in the prod site. Good grief.

Thank you very much.

Regis