TNG Community

Template4 Format

MadRanger

Having installed TNGv12, I am having difficulty obtaining the proper look for Template4. The feature articles are not aligning with the right edge of the page in a column abeam the introduction paragraph. Since the setup is on my XAMPP, I am copying the View Page Source code that immediately follows the intro para thru to the first line of the first feature ... and a screen clip of the area.

Would sure like to know where/how the format is going wrong. Thanks

Regis

</div>

</div>

<div class="rightsection"><br />

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr><td valign="top"><span class="normal"><b>Feature Articles</b></span></td></tr>

<tr><td valign="top" class="line"></td></tr>

<tr><td valign="top">

<div class="normal">

<p>

<a href="histories/Carr-Louis-Drury-2009-Bio V2b-Draft.pdf">

Template 4 Stack.JPG

Regis,

I would recommend that you rename the files you have in the templates/template4 folder that are not TNG v12 original, then copy the TNG v12 template4 original files to your XAMPP folder and make sure the TNG distributed files display correctly, then adjust them from there to reflect your modifications.

You can use WinMerge or any other Windows compare utility to isolate the changes you then need to make to the TNG distributed index.php, topmenu.php, and footer.php

I think it would be easier to work from the TNG files toward your modified files rather than the other way, but then I made these type of changes to my site in TNG v8

Ken,

Thank you. I tried an unmodified Template4 folder - the only impact was that images (specified in Template Settings) were not pulled into the page.

I also made sure that the index, footer, templateconfig and topmenu in the root were clean v12 versions. In fact, I have a clean install of a complete TNGv12 upgrade that I can I can switch to - the one where Transcriptsource was missing when I had CPI issues. The home page remains unchanged.

The only special coding in the various parts of Template Setting are numbered Feature formatting: <div align="justify">

Resolved.

Alan - the NewFloridian - offered a possible solution: find a mismatched <div>. I had been looking for every other sort of < >...

I found a working TNGv12 site running T4 and compared code line by line - without using WinMerge. It turns out I was missing a </div> following the introduction paragraph. I in-artfully added same to the end of my narrative in the introduction paragraph in the Template Settings section. It surely belongs elsewhere, but for now it has solved the formatting problem.

Edit: I can offer that I can obtain the same result by adding a third </div> at line 168 of the T4 index.php. --- after deleting the same code from my Template Settings. It may be possible that other solutions are more reasonable...

Thank you Alan and Ken. And Jennifer C. on whose website I found the comparison code.

Off to solve other issues - like the Research MOD failure on v12. If anyone has a solution to that issue, I have an open thread on that subject: Research MOD v9.