TNG Community
RickM

Adding DNA data

RickM

Hi there

I am fairly new to TNG and have recently completed an Ancestry DNA Kit, which I now have the results. I was wanting to add same to TNG but, either I haven't turned something on, or have missed something simple, but I can only add what appears to be general info for DNA Test. I have attached two jpgs to show all that I see when creating or editing DNA Test and the settings for DNA Tests.

I am using TNG V12.0.2

Appreciate any help..

Rick Malkin

DNA-1.jpg

DNA-2.jpg

DNA-3.jpg

Chris Lloyd

Right at the top of your window is a help for this area link  - the information there may answer your questions - other links are provided there too.

RickM
44 minutes ago, Chris Lloyd said:

Right at the top of your window is a help for this area link  - the information there may answer your questions - other links are provided there too.

Hi Chris, I have seen that and sort of understand what it is say, but I am not seeing any entry boxes to enter the likes of number of markers, marker values or Haplogroup etc. Nor do I see any way to upload a zip file etc.

Ken Roy

Currently TNG supports very limited data entry for atDNA tests.   TNG v12 and the Add DNA Test Results mod for TNG v11 only supports adding results for Y-DNA and mtDNA test, neither of which are which are supported by AncestryDNA.  Not sure what you are looking at entering since I only tested on Family Tree DNA

Ken Roy
1 hour ago, RickM said:

Hi Chris, I have seen that and sort of understand what it is say, but I am not seeing any entry boxes to enter the likes of number of markers, marker values or Haplogroup etc. Nor do I see any way to upload a zip file etc.

Number of markers and marker values apply to Y-DNA tests.   Currently Haplogroup applies only to Y-DNA and mtDNA tests.  My understanding was that AncestryDNA did not provide that type of information, as indicate previously I did not test with Ancestry.  There is no way to upload a zip file

RickM

Hi Ken,

Thanks for that, maybe I didn't read the appropriate info properly.. All good.. I will charge on regardless.. Look at other tests later perhaps..

Kind regards

Rick M

zackdaugherty
On 10/25/2018 at 5:35 PM, RickM said:

Hi there

I am fairly new to TNG and have recently completed an Ancestry DNA Kit, which I now have the results. I was wanting to add same to TNG but, either I haven't turned something on, or have missed something simple, but I can only add what appears to be general info for DNA Test.

Rick,

What you can do is add atDNA test (which would be Ancestry DNA, 23andMe (mostly), FTDNA Family Finder, MyHeritage, etc.). You would then select which ancestors the test links to. I can probably be safely linked up to 3rd great grandparent level.  It is a little tedious linking so many people though. I've done this in TNG with my family group fanning up through the 3rd-4th great grandparent level above each tester's kit data.